+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filing Taxes 3 Years

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Filing taxes 3 times for Citizenship, but first year was with temporary SIN number, does that year count or not?

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Filing taxes 3 times for Citizenship, but first year was with temporary SIN number, does that year count or not?
Yes. And you can even claim your days as temporary resident if it is in your 5 year eligibility period.
  • Each day of physical presence in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person before becoming a permanent resident, counts as one half day, with a maximum of 365 days credit towards physical presence.

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Yes. And you can even claim your days as temporary resident if it is in your 5 year eligibility period.
  • Each day of physical presence in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person before becoming a permanent resident, counts as one half day, with a maximum of 365 days credit towards physical presence.
Thank you

Reactions: Tamiou

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I had the temp SIN for the first 2 yrs in Canada as I moved to Canada on a WP.
It was updated once the PR was obtained and perm SIN was issued
In the citizenship application I mentioned the perm SIN and clicked the Filed the Taxes for first 2 years.