+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filing my taxes for the first time in Canada..

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
I recently relocated to Canada (Ontario) and hold a full time job (3 months now). My husband is also working full time here. Now my question is, how should i file my taxes?

When I joined work they gave me many papers to sign which included federal and provincial taxe papers and every paycheck certain amount is being deducted. What else am I expected to pay at the end of financial year? I know, I sound silly not to know the basic tax structure. If someone can help me with this, I would really appreciate.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
I know, I sound silly not to know the basic tax structure. If someone can help me with this, I would really appreciate.
I am also not that much known to the basic tax structure of Canada. As you are filing your tax for the first time. I will advise you to go to H & R block or some other tax service agency. They will charge you a fee and do the work for you. You can negotiate with them about their service fee!-

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get the instructions usually at post offices and go through the tax forms yourself. You can also buy a service like ufile.ca which will set it up in a more simple way for you and fill in the forms for you as you go along and you can then print them out and mail them in. I don't think you can file electronically the first time you do it but after that, it's very easy