+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filing for CEC express entry; "Has XXX received a nomination certificate from a province or territor

batman12345

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
In application details under express entry for Canadian Experience Class there is a question on
"Has XXX received a nomination certificate from a province or territory?"
I have received a nomination from province of Ontario but its for Masters Streams (paper-based) and not express entry.

Should I answer yes or no to this question?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
In application details under express entry for Canadian Experience Class there is a question on
I have received a nomination from province of Ontario but its for Masters Streams (paper-based) and not express entry.

Hi there, you should say NO to that answer. Cause since your are applying through express entry they are looking for express entry nomination. But that being said, I would personally scan my nomination and add it to my supporting documents, just in case.

This is what it says on CIC website: Note: If you have a nomination that is not for Express Entry, or it was issued before January 1, 2015, you must apply using the paper-based process. You cannot use this nomination for Express Entry.

Stick around for more inputs on this. I'm not entirely sure if my answer is %100 spot on.

Best of luck,

Reactions: vuta

vikigenius

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019

Hi I am in the exact same situation as you. What did you do for your application? Did you answer NO? Did you include any supporting documents? Greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

batman12345

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Hi I am in the exact same situation as you. What did you do for your application? Did you answer NO? Did you include any supporting documents? Greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.
Hello, so this application was for few years back but from what I remember I answered No. The reason is that when you go through the PNP program and you get nominated you are basically sending your application as a paper-based. However, when you go through express entry you can have an exta nomination to "add" to your point but that nomination is from a different program. It's a bit confusing but there are two types of Nomination 1. Express entry provincial nomination 2. Provincial Nomination Non-express entry. If you don't have the first one then just answer No

naveen_dharni

May 10, 2023
Hello, so this application was for few years back but from what I remember I answered No. The reason is that when you go through the PNP program and you get nominated you are basically sending your application as a paper-based. However, when you go through express entry you can have an exta nomination to "add" to your point but that nomination is from a different program. It's a bit confusing but there are two types of Nomination 1. Express entry provincial nomination 2. Provincial Nomination Non-express entry. If you don't have the first one then just answer No
Hey, Did you select Yes or No on this one?Did you face any issues later on? I'm in the same situation and not sure what to choose, as the nomination is not from Express Entry route.