+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filing as a Lawyer (NOC 4112)

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Do we have to be admitted to a Canadian province bar to be able to file under that NOC category?

Does experience abroad as a lawyer qualify as NOC 4112 work history?

Does experience as corporate counsel qualify under NOC 4112 if that job does not require bar admission in the specific jurisdiction (only need to be fully admitted to the bar to appear in court and represent clients in court, but no need to be admitted to assist clients in their daily business)?

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
Your do not have to be licensed in Canada to use that NOC code. What matters is that you are licensed to practice law in the country in which you have your work experience.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Your do not have to be licensed in Canada to use that NOC code. What matters is that you are licensed to practice law in the country in which you have your work experience.
Thnaks Elge, much appreciated. What do you think their assessment will be if I am licensed to practice in Country A but work as a lawyer in country B where a license is not required to do the type of work I do (transactional/corporate legal work)? The country I currently reside in and where I got most of my experience only requires a license to do litigation and represent clients before the courts. I can do everything else without a license and my job title is "lawyer". I can and have been a corporate legal counsel in-house. Now I am a transactional lawyer at a law firm, but I am not fully licensed.

Solacanada

Sep 18, 2018
Thnaks Elge, much appreciated. What do you think their assessment will be if I am licensed to practice in Country A but work as a lawyer in country B where a license is not required to do the type of work I do (transactional/corporate legal work)? The country I currently reside in and where I got most of my experience only requires a license to do litigation and represent clients before the courts. I can do everything else without a license and my job title is "lawyer". I can and have been a corporate legal counsel in-house. Now I am a transactional lawyer at a law firm, but I am not fully licensed.
Hi did you eventually apply?