+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filing a divorce from Canada to Send to Philippines

Discussion in 'Visa Offices in South America' started by Nickelalloy, Feb 16, 2019.

  1. Hello.
    My friend's Filipino boyfriend is here in Ontario, Canada on a visit visa for a week now. He is planning to file his divorce here to Send to his wife in the Philippines. Is that possible? If yes, how long does he need to be here in Ontario physically to apply for the filing of his divorce papers?

    Please help.

    Thank you.
  2. He needs to be a resident of Canada for a year before he could apply for a divorce in Canada. Not sure how his temporary resident status would play into that. The issue will be maintaining status in Canada whilenonly a visitor.
  3. I see. What about if he goes back home to the Philippines and file for a legal separation there? Would my friend be able to sponsor him under common law?
    The Philippines does not have divorce as of yet. And that annulment takes a long time.
    Any suggestions on this?
    Thank you for helping and for your replies.

Share This Page