+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Transfers 2012

fall247

Nov 29, 2012
Just wondering if there is anybody in this forum that has experienced a file transfer to their local cic before AIP or have waited for an interview or had an interview.

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
I have and still waiting. Applied in March 2012, AOR in October stating that it was transferred to Etobicoke. Waiting...

fall247

Nov 29, 2012
We sent the application in and it was received March 5. I received the AOR by email and it stated that the application was received and they started processing it June 29, 2012. October 1st another email to my husband stating that the file was transferred to the local CIC etc. etc. This local office has a waiting time of 4-6 months. I assume it was transferred because we had a short courtship and I had a previous sponsorship. I ordered FOSS notes but there were no notes about the file transfer except for the date it arrived at the local office. I gathered all updated documentation proving genuineness of the relationship including letters from colleagues, family here and in my husband's country, bank details, job offer, identification (last name change), my husband's Ontario driver's license, joint insurance details and I sent a package in October and one in November. Nothing has changed on the ecas since the beginning. It has always said in processing and we have never been asked for any additional documentation. I did however send them an updated Option C because I am certain they would likely ask for it at some point. Are you the sponsor or the applicant.

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
fall247 said:
We sent the application in and it was received March 5. I received the AOR by email and it stated that the application was received and they started processing it June 29, 2012. October 1st another email to my husband stating that the file was transferred to the local CIC etc. etc. This local office has a waiting time of 4-6 months. I assume it was transferred because we had a short courtship and I had a previous sponsorship. I ordered FOSS notes but there were no notes about the file transfer except for the date it arrived at the local office. I gathered all updated documentation proving genuineness of the relationship including letters from colleagues, family here and in my husband's country, bank details, job offer, identification (last name change), my husband's Ontario driver's license, joint insurance details and I sent a package in October and one in November. Nothing has changed on the ecas since the beginning. It has always said in processing and we have never been asked for any additional documentation. I did however send them an updated Option C because I am certain they would likely ask for it at some point. Are you the sponsor or the applicant.
I am the sponsor. we received a letter in July advising us that our Immigration representative was missing his signature. So he signed it. At the same time my spouse sent in a Client update. I cant remember the exact name of it. In October , we checked Ecas and it stated that a decision was made on the application so we called. The rep stated that it was an error. Few days later, we were advised that our file was transferred to Etobicoke. We called late October and we were advised that it will be a long wait for any response. We checked ecas again. Decision made changed back to Application Received. It has never shown 'In Process' for us so hopefully soon it will be good news. The wait is just painful. My spouse wants to work :'(

fall247

Nov 29, 2012
I know what you mean. My husband has never been without work until now and it is affecting him very negatively. Do you have any idea why the file was transferred?

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
fall247 said:
I know what you mean. My husband has never been without work until now and it is affecting him very negatively. Do you have any idea why the file was transferred?

I have no clue at all. I am certain that we gave everything, including tons of pictures throughout the years as proof that our relationship is indeed genuine. My partner did speak with them but they have never given him an answer as to why it was transferred.

fall247

Nov 29, 2012
Well, you have probably read as much on this forum as I have but the way I have seen it, file transfers are done for few reasons; 1. previous sponsorship, 2. genuineness of relationship, 3. status has ran out, 4. backlog in Vegreville, 5. Refugee status denial or some other type of status or status extension denial then spousal sponsorship application, 6. An issue related to the Sponsor's identity that needs clarification, 7. An issue related to the applicant that needs clarification.

Do you mind me asking you what your spouse's Country of Birth is and what their status is here or what it was when they came here?

My husband came here for an extended visit in January as it was expected that I would have shoulder surgery. We ended up getting married in February and then we extended his visitor status which was given to him for a year. I had my surgery in late June. I have a feeling they won't rush the application because his status is good until July of 2013. I have seen applicants with file transfers whose status has ran out get an interview within weeks.