Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
So after all the excitement of "Decision Made", we got the email today that our file has been transferred to Mexico City! What a disappointment :(

Will MC pick up where Buffalo left off, or will they start over again from the beginning? Why would they wait till now to send it to Mexico when we originally asked for our application to be processed there?

Thoughts, ideas??

F

Fernandita

Where did you send your file originally? Missisagua? mmm I want to do outland and my embassy is Mexico... I want to know how mexico works?

thanks

miguelre

Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we sent it to mississauga, then they sent it to buffalo and they just transfered it to mexico city. we'll let you know how that works and how long it takes.

saludos.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
did it say decision made on sponsorship or application?
very odd
i hope they just sent it to Mexico so that it's easier for you to do all the passport stuff

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
We got the Decision Made for the sponsorship back in December. This Decision Made was for the application portion.

I sure hope you're right about that! I don't know why they would need to start over again, but I know crazier things have happened!

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i can't think of anything else it could be, it really doesn't make sense for them to start the process all over again. maybe an interview but i'm pretty sure they say on the site if you are going to have a n interview it will still say in process. i am going to convince myself all of us who were sent to local centers were sent because our applications were so amazing they want us to be with our significant others as quickly and effortlessly as humanly possible.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
The only thing that has me wondering is that on the email, it says to wait 3 months before contacting them. I will keep thinking good thoughts, though, and hopefully it'll be processed quickly! On Trackitt it looks like 6 months is about average. It also seems like almost everyone applying from Mexico gets called for an interview!
Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us! Keep me posted on how yours goes!

miguelre

Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rachie, aren't you at work? Xavi and I miss you!
be careful on your way home, besos.

F

Fernandita

Oh I know is around 6- 12 months to process in Mexico!!! so Always they call for an interview...

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Ha! Yes, I'm at work, but I've locked myself in the office to slack off for a bit :) Now that you've made me feel guilty, I'm going to do my beer and wine orders for the week...I'll see you guys at home tonight, give Xavi a big kiss on the nose for me.

Oh, and go to trackitt.com to look at the Mexico City timelines...6 months seems about average...lame

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
First of all, Mississauga always assesses and approves the eligibility of the sponsor before the application goes to the overseas visa office - no matter where it ultimately ends up - and then they transfer it. It sounds to me like Mississauga simply made a mistake when they sent the application to Buffalo - did you use your address in Canada as your residential address? If so, that's why - they use the residential address as the indicator of which visa office should receive the file and if they made a mistake and didn't pay attention to whether or not you have legal temporary status in Canada (that would make you eligible to be processed through Buffalo) or that you actually requested the application be processed through MC . . . well, then it goes to Buffalo. When Buffalo got it and started to assess it, they realized it didn't belong with them and they transferred it to MC. Your timeline so far would be right on for that scenario - ap submitted in Dec 2009, takes about 38 days for sponsorship approval at CPC-M, another 3 weeks for Buffalo to get the file and start the login process and then they find out they shouldn't have it.

I doubt very much that it has anything at all to do with an interview being required - if you were eligible to have your application processed through Buffalo (either by being a US citizen or permanent resident or by having valid temporary status in Canada) then Buffalo would have kept the file, regardless of whether an interview was required or not. But it's too early for that to have even been determined yet. Buffalo will not have done anything as far as processing - it's obvious that the file was transferred because it wasn't supposed to be in Buffalo in the first place. So, my guess, Mexico City will be processing it entirely. Their posted processing timeline is 6-15 months from receipt.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Robsluv,

That's what I assumed they did. We have an address in the U.S. right now, but Miguel has no status here, which is why we put to have it filed in Mexico City. They must have just seen that we reside in Dallas and sent it straight to Buffalo. Neither one of us is in Canada yet because we'd like to go together. Which makes me wonder, do I have to be in Canada first since I'm the sponsor?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
That's what happened then - the address in Dallas made them transfer to Buffalo . . . they messed up and didn't notice that you had requested MC for the processing office. The good news is that Buffalo transferred it as soon as they got it and it's now where it should be, probably only about a week later than it would have been anyway.

You don't have to be in Canada in order to be eligible to sponsor as long as you are a Canadian citizen, but hopefully you realized that you were required to include proof with the application of your intent to resettle in Canada. From the sponsor's guide:

Canadian citizens not residing in Canada may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or dependent children who have no dependent children of their own. Canadians travelling abroad as tourists are not considered to be residing outside Canada.

Sponsors not residing in Canada must provide evidence that they reside exclusively outside Canada on the date of giving the undertaking and will reside in Canada at the time their sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or children become permanent residents of Canada. Evidence that they will reside in Canada may include one or more of the following:

* letter from an employer;
* letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
* proof of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada;
* reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.
If you didn't do this, you need to get that information pulled together and get it to MC as soon as you have a file number from them. They could refuse the application if they don't believe you intend to accompany him to Canada when he gets PR.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Well the only thing that sucks is that Buffalo's had it since December. Oh well, hopefully they'll receive the app soon and get the ball rolling!

We included the intent to move to Canada. My aunt included a letter stating that we would be staying with her while we looked for jobs and a place to live.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
im pretty sure buffalo is just sending out ones they can to get things done quickly buffalo is where they are supposed to go after Mississauga for Mexico the us and Bermuda if they end up sending it somewhere else is up to them doesn't mean it went to the wrong place