Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2009
AOR Received.
1st: 19-12-2009(email), 2nd: 17-03-2010(email)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
July 14,2010 to NYC
Med's Done....
Sep 22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2011
LANDED..........
June 30, 2012
Acelawyer said:
Got my Visa today from New York, VO today. Thanks to everyone on this thread. Its been a 2 year 2 months journey of patience that finally paid off. I wish everyone the best of luck in getting to Canada.
Acelawyer,
Congratulations to you !! and all the best in Canada!

Acelawyer

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2009
AOR Received.
June 2009
File Transfer...
April 2010 to New York
Med's Request
October 2010
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 31st 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27 July. Decision made on July 5th 2011. Received July 8
LANDED..........
August 2011
Thanks srjak!

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Hey you guys,
I just finished my landing and back to the States. Here is my experience for official thing (and later on with some "chicks" - keep on reading, it won't be long)

I drove my own car to Buffalo and crossing Peace Bridge to the other side without any serious delay (it took me about 30-40 min just to cross the bridge which is not bad at all). I didn't have to talk to any US custom getting out of the states (which was weird - I don't know about other US-Canada borders) drove directly to 15-lane-welcoming-porch and were directed to the "building" for further landing process. I was well-prepared, however it would never be enough, I was a little scare of "everything"...
The lady officer was nice to me seeing my pale face after waiting 30 minutes in the long line (I don't know what the heck is happening there, there are 2 families, 4-5 members each came before me for "landing too" and it took them forever to finish). After all, I was able to show off my bank statement, Car title, goods to follow lists and other paperworks. She didn't really care, check my passport, asked several questions like "What's your full name, BOD etc." and told me to give her the number of funds (she didn't take a look at the bank statement). Finally, she stamped the CORP, and asked me whether I know how to maintain the PR status (You know I can tackle well, right) and congrats me being a PR in Canada. And that was not all...
I will be back to the forum tomorrow for the later part o my story ;). Keep in touch

Acelawyer

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2009
AOR Received.
June 2009
File Transfer...
April 2010 to New York
Med's Request
October 2010
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 31st 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27 July. Decision made on July 5th 2011. Received July 8
LANDED..........
August 2011
Congrats smallduck! Cant wait to read the rest of your landing "experience"!
Hey you guys,
I just finished my landing and back to the States. Here is my experience for official thing (and later on with some "chicks" - keep on reading, it won't be long)

I drove my own car to Buffalo and crossing Peace Bridge to the other side without any serious delay (it took me about 30-40 min just to cross the bridge which is not bad at all). I didn't have to talk to any US custom getting out of the states (which was weird - I don't know about other US-Canada borders) drove directly to 15-lane-welcoming-porch and were directed to the "building" for further landing process. I was well-prepared, however it would never be enough, I was a little scare of "everything"...
The lady officer was nice to me seeing my pale face after waiting 30 minutes in the long line (I don't know what the heck is happening there, there are 2 families, 4-5 members each came before me for "landing too" and it took them forever to finish). After all, I was able to show off my bank statement, Car title, goods to follow lists and other paperworks. She didn't really care, check my passport, asked several questions like "What's your full name, BOD etc." and told me to give her the number of funds (she didn't take a look at the bank statement). Finally, she stamped the CORP, and asked me whether I know how to maintain the PR status (You know I can tackle well, right) and congrats me being a PR in Canada. And that was not all...
I will be back to the forum tomorrow for the later part o my story ;). Keep in touch
[/quote]

Ram rao

Mar 23, 2011
Hi,

This is Mr Ram Rao. Today I have seen in the CIC website that there is no new york visa office skilled worker time line. They might have deleted. Earlier there was 15 months time period for processing the FSW 1 applications.

If anybody found the timeline please give me the link.

Thanks & Regards
Ram Rao

shish

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ram rao said:
Hi,

This is Mr Ram Rao. Today I have seen in the CIC website that there is no new york visa office skilled worker time line. They might have deleted. Earlier there was 15 months time period for processing the FSW 1 applications.

If anybody found the timeline please give me the link.

Thanks & Regards
Ram Rao
There is Buffalo VO listed man.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
smallduck said:
Hey you guys,

I was a really busy in the last several weeks and wasn't able to finish my story. Anyway the official story was much less interesting than the chick story, but it's necessary to finish it.
After finalizing things with the border officer, I was directed to the cashier to pay any tax duty which turns out to be ZERO with every single item to be followed(Be specific with your lists because you have only 1 chance to do it). And that's about it, easy enough right? I drove to downtown Toronto and planned for the next day.
I took a little advice from other member here not going to Service Canada in downtown Toronto, and it worked great. I went on the subway out of the city and it took me at most 15 min to get the SIN application. I was kindly told to keep the landing paper in the safe place because it would be required at a later time to apply for citizenship...
Equipped with the SIN, I stopped by RBC bank and got no problem opening chequing account and credit card (just name Welcome to Canada package). I was eligible for 12-month-free checking with no minimum balance (it was great in Canada :D). I did everything in one morning and went back to downtown Toronto enjoying local chicks...
I will leave the story here as an open ended here for you guys to explore the chicks...
P/S: I might have to stick with one chick now....

dream23

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2009
AOR Received.
1st: 19-12-2009(email), 2nd: 17-03-2010(email)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
July 14,2010 to NYC
Med's Done....
Sep 22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2011
LANDED..........
June 30, 2012
Desp93 said:
Anybody get anything from New York office ???? any update ??????
actually ,there is one guy (dsingh007 at trackitt) who got medicals from NY last week.
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/722415643/got-medicals-qorax-and-others-thanx

May be i don't know everything but from what i read on forums, this is first medical issued in NY this year.

mafoi

Mar 8, 2010
Questions.

Smallduck and other seniors,

Is the landing paper you referred to the form sent to you from NY office or some new form you get at the landing port?

The form from NY office for my daughter printed wrong height (M175), which is my height. As my daughter is only 5 years old, I think it's an obvious typo. I don't want to go through the whole waiting game again and will go to the landing. Let the landing officer to figure it out (or never). I am kind of in a hurry to get visa interview at US consulate in Canada, which I don't want to push back further more. This leads to the question above, if I need to use this NY office form again in the future.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

-mafoi
mafoi said:
Sent PP to NY office on June 29. Got VISA back July 29. Will land in the middle of August.

Thank you all and best wishes.

svs

Jul 16, 2009
Desp93 said:
Anybody get anything from New York office ???? any update ??????
I got a reply from New york like this

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is in queue for further processing.

Means Is it good news or bad news