December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Hi, Guys

Still no sing of Medical request

I m thinking to send e-mail to NY office but last three time i asked them to provide status of application and they sent same Copy and Paste answer, Now i am thinking to ask them when i can expect medical request, pls help me how to ask them in professional way?

Thanks

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Hi parul,

I sent three mails,

In my second last mail I asked

Can you Please let me know that whethere any medical form has been released for me or not.

Reply was

This is in response to your email (see below).
An initial assessment of your application has been completed and your selection interview has been waived.
However, you may still be required to attend an interview for the purpose of ensuring that you and your dependants (if applicable) are admissible to Canada.
Final approval of your application will require that you meet statutory requirements such as the medical and security provisions of the "

Foreignsaurus

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NY (In Progress)
NOC Code......
Not sure. Lawyer filled.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 August 2009
Doc's Request.
14 October 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19 October 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
17 May 2010
Med's Request
21 June 2010
Med's Done....
29 June 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
coming soon
Hi guys,

these are e-mails exchanged between my lawyer and I.
It might not be relevant for most people, but I hope it can be useful for somebody.

It's an e-mail conversation, so "it starts from the bottom!".

Basically, I should chill and let go.. it will happen when it happens.. I don't wanna think too much about it at this point..
The thing the user smallduck said about the NYVO that they reached the cap is possibly 110% true, however my guy said it wouldn't affect me at this time.. but if not, why the hell didn't I get the request? lol... go figure...

if you have any question or anything regarding these e-mails, feel free to ask..

I guess I'll be just waiting for now.. and silently reading threads here and there..
good luck to all..

Foreignsaurus

Here's the e-mail conversations:
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:38 PM
To: Me
Subject: RE: question

We can analyze this stuff to death, but it doesn't change the fact that the processing queues are completely out of our control and whatever the processing time is, it's what it will be. Please note that they changed the way that they show the processing times, and they are showing that 80% of applications are finished within 17 months. Out of those 80% it is possible that half of them were finished in 9 months, which is how they used to show these statistics. Regardless of how you look at it, there is nothing to do except wait until we receive a letter from them.

Those links do not affect your application because your application was being processed at the visa office before they revised the Ministerial instructions.

// Paragraph removed due to personal info and/or infromation which is not relevand for this forum

Lawyer's Signature

Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 2:05 PM
To: Lawyer
Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm too anxious about this. I know you said you'd contact me if as soon as you receive anything, however, I've been participating of an online forum about Canadian immigration, and specifically looking for comparables. I have found a few cases of people who started their processes around the same time that I did, and timeline of these processes compared to mine is very similar, except regarding the passport request which still hasn't happened until today, exact 3 months since the results have been delivered in Ottawa (August 3rd). I know that the information I can get from these online forums are not 100% reliable, however, a member said that the New York Visa Office has reached the cap for the year and will no longer process applications in a given date range; this alone would not be relevant, but I have also noticed a pattern of communication between NY VO and some applicants, where they are requested to send the passport and later they get another communication, like a “sorry letter” in which the VO states that they cannot issue any visa currently (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-am-in-shock-t54750.0.html).

Again, I know this is internet. The only reason this became relevant to me at this point is due to anxiety and that it's been 3 months since the meds have been sent. I'm pretty sure it could be on the mail as I'm typing this or that there's another reason for delay, if it's really delayed.

I guess what really worries me is that this morning there was a different processing time page which has been updated and it shows that the time in months for Buffalo is up to 17 months now (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp) and I can no longer access the processing times page you sent before. In a way it makes me think my process is really going to be delayed. I also came across these two articles from CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/English//resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob218.asp and http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2010/2010-06-26/html/notice-avis-eng.html. Reading the articles it's not yet clear to me whether the measures taken would affect my process in any way, but I would like to know if I should expect my process to be severely delayed (from 8 months to 17!), and if yes, I'd like to have an idea of when I could expect it to happen.

// Paragraph removed due to personal info and/or infromation which is not relevand for this forum

Anyway, if you could please take a look on the articles and the timelines from CIC, I'd be glad to know what you think considering my case. Thanks.

Regards,

My Signature

Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:24 PM
To: Me

Hi,
For processing times for skilled worker applications in your category you can see this web page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-fed.asp

For applications processed in Buffalo, it shows that 30% are finalized within 7 months of when they received the application, and 50% are finalized within 12 months of receipt of application. Your application was received in Buffalo in mid February, 2010, so we are approaching 8 months now. It is not taking longer than normal at this stage, They transferred it to New York in May, and I expect to receive news from them at any time now. I will let you know as soon as I receive anything.

Lawyer's Signature

Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:09 PM
To: Lawyer
Subject: question

Hi,

I'm just writing to ask you about the status of my application for permanent resident which is still in progress. It's been a bit more than 2 months (they have received it on August 3rd) since they got the medical exams' results and I was just wondering how much longer it should take.
Would you know anything about the timeline for my process, meaning, is it on time and how much longer should it normally take? Also, in case it's taking longer than it should, is it recommended to contact anyone at immigration services regarding this?

Thanks,

My Signature

jstar

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi MathCanada,
Well, I ordered CAIPS notes to see where I am after 12months of processing. Points were not calculated. Selection decesion was not made. Did not tell why it is taking time. The last action they did was RCMP name request and after that status truned into InProcess. The file was scheduled for review on 24th spet 2010.
For your second question: I did it through http://www.caips.ca/ and yes, I am in canada.
Hope this information helps you.
Cheers
Jstar

MathCanada said:
Hi Jstar,

This is about the CAIPS Notes. I have not yet requested them.

1) Did they actually help? I mean does it tell you that you had sufficient points or where the application is stuck?

2) Did you do it through http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml or are u in Canada and did on you own? I am US so have to use some service.

Thanks,
MathCanada

Initial Application to NS: Aug 2009
Transfer to NY: 27 April 2010
In-Process: 24 June 2010
Medical: ???

shockabsorber

Dec 3, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally got my H1-B approval notice 2 weeks ago and sent that as well as the IELTS scores and a letter from the bank. So I'm finally back in the game!
Smallduck, I notice your profile says something about the New York office reaching its cap. What's that all about?

Foreignsaurus

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NY (In Progress)
NOC Code......
Not sure. Lawyer filled.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 August 2009
Doc's Request.
14 October 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19 October 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
17 May 2010
Med's Request
21 June 2010
Med's Done....
29 June 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
coming soon

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
I am trying to send Case Specific inquiry but CIC has problem with server, i will let you know as soon as i get any answer

bond_007

Nov 8, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for Canada PR and here are few details abt my application -

Original VO - Buffalo

After document submission, following changes happened on CIC website for my status

File Number received on - May 05, 2010

File "Transferred" to NY VO - August 10, 2010

File "In Process" - September 30, 2010 {Your application was reviewed and we started processing on September 30, 2010}

I have a question here. I am working in NY and while my application is in "In Process" status, my child is born in October. My lawyer has asked me to submit my child's documents and fees. What do you suggest? Shall I wait for YES / NO from CIC first or shall I submit additional docuemnts for my child? I want to avoid further expenses for the case where we may be face rejection or shall I prefer to go ahead and submit stuff. How much time am I going to save by sending child documents in advance before getting VO's decision?
Anyway at the moment I am waiting for my child's douments (passport, indian visa) which I expect to receive in another 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions and experiences.

rezatoronto

Oct 8, 2010
hi all,

i am waiting for more than 4 months for my PPR now ... dont know when will i get that .. my med was sent on 8th june'2010. and mu e-client saying .. medical result have been recieved. ...

Foreignsaurus

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NY (In Progress)
NOC Code......
Not sure. Lawyer filled.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 August 2009
Doc's Request.
14 October 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19 October 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
17 May 2010
Med's Request
21 June 2010
Med's Done....
29 June 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
coming soon
I'm on the same situation.. unfortunately..

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Hi, all

I am trying to send Case Specific inquiry to NY office since yesterday but i am facing an error,

Do you guys have same problem or it's only me?

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
parulkrish said:
Hi, all

I am trying to send Case Specific inquiry to NY office since yesterday but i am facing an error,

Do you guys have same problem or it's only me?
i've been trying since yesterday too..no luck

should we send email to CIC, maybe they don't know?