+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo- New york visa office- share timeline

SCARBOROUGH

Dec 14, 2011
emjay025 said:
Does anyone have the email address to get in contact with the NYVO??

My eCas says my file was transferred to New York mid November and my CAIPS notes said my BFD for PPS was February 1. It's been 4 weeks and I have yet to see anything, so I think I'm going to email an inquiry to them.

Case Specific Enquiry

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

SCARBOROUGH

Dec 14, 2011
emjay025 said:

My eCas says my file was transferred to New York mid November and my CAIPS notes said my BFD for PPS was February 1. It's been 4 weeks and I have yet to see anything, so I think I'm going to email an inquiry to them.
Hey Jay

Does your e-cas says, started processing your application after it has been transferred to New York.

Send a Case specific inquiry, coz in my case when I didnt hear from them for 2 months I asked my MP to inquire and MP office told me that they requested for additional documents 2 months ago, which I never received.

So you must send it.

later

svs

Jul 16, 2009
Maha1981 said:
Congrats anne55.

Even my status has changed to decision made : ;D

" A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. "

NY office received my passport on Feb 9th as per postal tracking, hoping i will be receiving my passport shortly.

@ anne55, did you send prepaid post to send your passport back?
Hi Maha

Did you receive your passport back?

Thanks,

murthy909

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2009
Doc's Request.
15-10-2009
AOR Received.
15-02-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
27-04-2010
Med's Request
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2012
Congratulations!!

Yes, I got my PR Visa stamping in-person at canadian consulate ,NYC.I did not use any lawyer or consultant.I wrote an email to NYVO requesting to allow me to submit & pickup the passports in-person.I got a reply with detailed instructions for in-person submission and I jut followed.I picked-up my passports back along with CoPR on the same day(Feb 13,2012).I'm not sure why your lawyer is saying it is not possible.

Best of Luck.

anuM said:
PEOPLE !!!!!! I GOT MY PPR TODAY!!!! WHOOP WHOOP..

thanks everyone.. will keep u guys posted on what happens after this..

my passport has only one visa page left, and i;m hoping that's enough for the PR visa stamping..

has anyone here gone to consulate directly for visa stamping? my lawyer is telling me i cant go in person to NYC consulate to get the PPR stamped ..
seniors ....input ?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Congrats murthy909,

I am flying from India to NY to get my visa on 5 March 2012. Will really appreciate if you share your experience from the time you reached the consulate. Any precautions/preparations you wish to recommend. They have sent me a letter to facilitate access to the waiting room.

Best regards,

murthy909 said:
Congratulations!!

Yes, I got my PR Visa stamping in-person at canadian consulate ,NYC.I did not use any lawyer or consultant.I wrote an email to NYVO requesting to allow me to submit & pickup the passports in-person.I got a reply with detailed instructions for in-person submission and I jut followed.I picked-up my passports back along with CoPR on the same day(Feb 13,2012).I'm not sure why your lawyer is saying it is not possible.

Best of Luck.

stillinCanada

Nov 28, 2011
1 page left :) I don’t know about that.. Immigrant Visa stamping is possible in one page as it is similar to any other visa..
But I am sure that you can go in person to pick up visa from NYC as I have received my visa in person from NYVO back in 2011 NOV. And I know many others have done exact same later. I had valid reason not to send my passport as I was travelling to India for a month
But you need permission from NYVO and you need a print out of that email as a proof
Your lawyer might not know this as NYVO is a new inclusion to the process; I am also not sure that without any valid reason for in person pick up whether they might allow you or not

anuM said:
PEOPLE !!!!!! I GOT MY PPR TODAY!!!! WHOOP WHOOP..

thanks everyone.. will keep u guys posted on what happens after this..

my passport has only one visa page left, and i;m hoping that's enough for the PR visa stamping..

has anyone here gone to consulate directly for visa stamping? my lawyer is telling me i cant go in person to NYC consulate to get the PPR stamped ..
seniors ....input ?

stillinCanada

Nov 28, 2011
re-cngny-im-y@international.gc.ca

expect to get a response within 15 min to 1 day :) they are pretty good and fast :)

emjay025 said:

emjay025

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Transferred to New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO - Mar 22, 2010; Full docs to Buffalo mid-Oct, 2010
AOR Received.
1st - June 24, 2010; 2nd - Jan 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to New York, Nov 16, 2011
Med's Request
Mar 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 14, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 5, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 4, 2012
LANDED..........
May 12, 2012
SCARBOROUGH said:
Hey Jay

Does your e-cas says, started processing your application after it has been transferred to New York.

Send a Case specific inquiry, coz in my case when I didnt hear from them for 2 months I asked my MP to inquire and MP office told me that they requested for additional documents 2 months ago, which I never received.

So you must send it.

later
No my ecas still has the RBVO details, but it does have the transferred to New York line in it. I will send an inquiry today. As of feb 29, it will be 4 weeks since the BFD that was stated on my CAIPS notes.

emjay025

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Transferred to New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO - Mar 22, 2010; Full docs to Buffalo mid-Oct, 2010
AOR Received.
1st - June 24, 2010; 2nd - Jan 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to New York, Nov 16, 2011
Med's Request
Mar 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 14, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 5, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 4, 2012
LANDED..........
May 12, 2012
Thanks to both Scarborough and stillinCanada. I will send an email today. Hope there are no delays :(

svs

Jul 16, 2009
Maha1981 said:
Hi SVS,

Not yet, still waiting. Maybe early this week i may recieve it.

Hi maha and friends

I received my Passport today with the maple leaf visa!!!!

Thank you
Svs

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
That's indeed a very good news! congrats svs! ;)

All the best on your landing!

Anne55

svs said:
Hi maha and friends

I received my Passport today with the maple leaf visa!!!!

Thank you
Svs

S

srivgeet

Dear forum members,

I had sent RPRF fee couple of weeks ago. Any idea on when can i expect a response from CIC ?

Thanks,
Srivgeet

SCARBOROUGH

Dec 14, 2011
emjay025 said:
No my ecas still has the RBVO details, but it does have the transferred to New York line in it. I will send an inquiry today. As of feb 29, it will be 4 weeks since the BFD that was stated on my CAIPS notes.
Let us know.

Good Luck