Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
kun007 said:
Scb2012,

My status still shows In process (the last time they updated my eCAS was 2 years ago)..
good luck

Thanks kun007... appreciate your response..

Regards
scb2012

aqwerty

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new york
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10.2012
Doc's Request.
sent with file
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
yea i did send them inquiry...

srikanthsas

Aug 18, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 october 2009
Doc's Request.
07 december 2009
AOR Received.
07 december 2009
File Transfer...
04 August 2010
Med's Request
10 April 2012
Med's Done....
16 May 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2012
LANDED..........
22 October 2012
Hi mates,
I got medicals today and dated 10 May 2012 my journey with Immigration of Canada is
Initial application files on NS 8 October 2009
File transfer to New York 20 August 2010
Changed In Process 10 September 2010
Medicals Requested 10 April 2012

aqwerty

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new york
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10.2012
Doc's Request.
sent with file
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2012
LANDED..........
01-09-2012
congrats,,,, just a quick question did u get MR by mail... or email... please reply

srikanthsas

Aug 18, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 october 2009
Doc's Request.
07 december 2009
AOR Received.
07 december 2009
File Transfer...
04 August 2010
Med's Request
10 April 2012
Med's Done....
16 May 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2012
LANDED..........
22 October 2012
aqwerty said:
congrats,,,, just a quick question did u get MR by mail... or email... please reply
by Mail,

US2CN

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
13-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-12-2010
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Request
09-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011 (Reached Ottawwa on 28-01-2012)
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2012 (In-Person)
Hello All,
Yesterday I was at NY Visa Office for getting COPR and Visa stamped in my passport "in-person". Everything went fine and got back the passports with Visa & COPR sheets by 3 pm.

Earlier posts by Vermas and AspirantCanada were very helpful in preparation for getting in-person visa at NYVO. Based on my experience, I just want to add 2 things to what they already shared.

1. Need to get prior permission from NYVO to go in-person for Visa. Emailing for permission did not work for me, there was no response. I requested through feedback form on NYVO website. Got favorable response the next business day.

2. Not every staff member at the Consulate (especially the security guys at the entrance) are aware that we can get COPR & PR visa at the NYVO. They gave me some tough time in letting me in saying I should apply by mail, use drop box etc. They talk tough and confident, we need to take a tough stand saying I have special permission. Its possible that I encountered a new staff member. Once you are in, its seamless and officers are very friendly. Glad to hear someone say "Good luck with your landing & Welcome to Canada!!".

Thanks

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi dear,

Since I was in India when I received my PPR, I sent them an e-mail and they responded within 48hrs which clearly mentioned that I should show that permission mail to the security staff which I did and for me complete process there was absolutely hasslefree.
Congrats, best wishes and off course "Welcome to Canada" - land of opportunities.
Cheers..

US2CN said:
Hello All,
Yesterday I was at NY Visa Office for getting COPR and Visa stamped in my passport "in-person". Everything went fine and got back the passports with Visa & COPR sheets by 3 pm.

Earlier posts by Vermas and AspirantCanada were very helpful in preparation for getting in-person visa at NYVO. Based on my experience, I just want to add 2 things to what they already shared.

1. Need to get prior permission from NYVO to go in-person for Visa. Emailing for permission did not work for me, there was no response. I requested through feedback form on NYVO website. Got favorable response the next business day.

2. Not every staff member at the Consulate (especially the security guys at the entrance) are aware that we can get COPR & PR visa at the NYVO. They gave me some tough time in letting me in saying I should apply by mail, use drop box etc. They talk tough and confident, we need to take a tough stand saying I have special permission. Its possible that I encountered a new staff member. Once you are in, its seamless and officers are very friendly. Glad to hear someone say "Good luck with your landing & Welcome to Canada!!".

Thanks

emjay025

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Transferred to New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO - Mar 22, 2010; Full docs to Buffalo mid-Oct, 2010
AOR Received.
1st - June 24, 2010; 2nd - Jan 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to New York, Nov 16, 2011
Med's Request
Mar 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 14, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 5, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 4, 2012
LANDED..........
May 12, 2012
Hello all,

I got my COPR in the mail on May 4th, 2012! I'm hoping to arrange my landing process in a local CIC office, as I'm already in Canada on a TWP.

However, I'm having some issues. I try to call the number provided, 18882422100, which is the generic CIC Call Centre number, to book an appointment with a CIC office, but everytime it tries to transfer me to an agent, the call gets disconnected. I tried to find a local number for a CIC office near me, but no luck with that.

Any suggestions?

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Hi everybody.

Does anyone have a template for email inquiry about the status of application at NY consulate?

I want prefer it to sound professional, simple, not pushy or desperate, straight to the point and likely to get a response. What text of inquiry did those of you use who got relatively fast and accurate responses?

And what is the correct address to inquire about the status of application at NY Consulate in NYC?

Your input greatly appreciated!

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
canada0801 said:
Hi everybody.

Does anyone have a template for email inquiry about the status of application at NY consulate?

I want prefer it to sound professional, simple, not pushy or desperate, straight to the point and likely to get a response. What text of inquiry did those of you use who got relatively fast and accurate responses?

And what is the correct address to inquire about the status of application at NY Consulate in NYC?

Your input greatly appreciated!
There is no template as such... You can put your own words. small and precise..

but I was just wondering, your medical is done March 16 and its not yet 3 months. I dont think you should enquire so early. In the medical documentation NY VO clearly mentioned, to wait for atleast 3 months before asking about the case. My medical is done on 16 Mar (received at Ottawa on 27th Mar), same as yours, and there are few more I know in same boat (date)... I believe we should keep our fingers crossed for some time... :)

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
scb2012 said:
There is no template as such... You can put your own words. small and precise..

but I was just wondering, your medical is done March 16 and its not yet 3 months. I dont think you should enquire so early. In the medical documentation NY VO clearly mentioned, to wait for atleast 3 months before asking about the case. My medical is done on 16 Mar (received at Ottawa on 27th Mar), same as yours, and there are few more I know in same boat (date)... I believe we should keep our fingers crossed for some time... :)
I don't need template to copy-paste it verbatim, just to have a carcass to build my own inquiry email.

The reason I ask is , and it's my subjective assumption, that if you send an email with "Officer, I am too exhausted waiting for you to process my case, tell me now what's going on! How longer do we have to wait!" I am sure chances of getting meaningful response will be significantly diminished (as opposed to sending calm and professionally sounding inquiry).
It would be helpful if someone posted very simple, straight to point inquiry text that actually received proper response.

You are right about timing, it's less than 3 months. I wouldn't think about emailing, but the case has been sent in October 2010, it's post June 2010 FSW (supposedly had to be finalized in less than 12 months , or by October of 2011). I think MAY BE, just MAY BE sending an inquiry could get some attention to the case and let it move little faster (provided they did all checks already, since end of 2010).
The worst case scenario they will update me of the case status and say it is in process (similar to some of the responses other members posted).

My fingers are crossed , but who knows, emailing may not hurt , instead may get a ppr :)

emjay025

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Transferred to New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO - Mar 22, 2010; Full docs to Buffalo mid-Oct, 2010
AOR Received.
1st - June 24, 2010; 2nd - Jan 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to New York, Nov 16, 2011
Med's Request
Mar 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 14, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 5, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 4, 2012
LANDED..........
May 12, 2012
AspirantCanada said:
Hey Team,

Last week I did my visa stamping + COPR .. also I finished my landing in the same trip.

For Visa + COPR:
1. I got email confirmation from NY office to appear in person
2. Carried authorization letter from my wife to submit her passport and obtain visa + COPR
3. Carried photo

Reached NY office around 9:15 am .. Note that the building is on 6th Avenue (Avenue of Americas) between 49 and 50th Street .. Plan at least 30 mnts for taxi within NYC, try to reach there bit early

submitted passport etc and they asked me to come back at 1pm (gave a letter as well)
Went to Central park, rented a cycle and enjoyed the time there - best part of the trip
Came back at 12:30 pm and they asked everybody to stand in line outside of building (it was very embarrassing but there were many people)
Got the visa + COPR around 2pm

Went to LGA airport in new york, catch the 6pm flight to Buffalo -> hired a car and drove to Rainbow Bridge

During landing around 11pm, most of the papers were ready and they were quite happy to see my preparation... Kudos to Captain Quorax and all the members.

The only issue I had is as soon as they know that I came to do landing only and then I will be moving back, they said we will not take your PR card application as you need to apply when you are coming here finally. This was due to another Desi person who was just before me, he had his PR card but never came to Canada and now he just want to maintain it by doing up and down to USA.. that immigration officer was very angry on him as he had wasted one PR opportunity which could have benefited somebody else..

Anyways my entire purpose of landing was to get PR card so that I can apply while working here at Bermuda.. They say for all purpose I am a PR of Canada now so I can start work immediately and I can officially say that I'm a PR.

So I would suggest if you are going for landing and then want to come back immediately then, do not go by rental car .. go by bus so that you can say that you are moving there permanently .. or go when you want to move finally

Note that the visa is just a single entry visa so I need to re-apply visa again or will need to go there by land only .. can not go there by air..

Hope this helps..
Hi question for anyone who has done their landing process via entering the country by car... How long does the entire process take? Aspirant, you mention that you arrived at the border at 11pm, do you remember when it was all done?

Asking because I am in Toronto working at the moment and I plan on doing my landing process tomorrow. But I'm weighing to see which is easier, if I drive to Buffalo for a day of shopping and then do the landing process after --- or do the landing process in the morning and then do the Buffalo shopping after.

Just a question of preference, but I think it would be useful to figure out how long the landing process takes.

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
canada0801 said:
I don't need template to copy-paste it verbatim, just to have a carcass to build my own inquiry email.

The reason I ask is , and it's my subjective assumption, that if you send an email with "Officer, I am too exhausted waiting for you to process my case, tell me now what's going on! How longer do we have to wait!" I am sure chances of getting meaningful response will be significantly diminished (as opposed to sending calm and professionally sounding inquiry).
It would be helpful if someone posted very simple, straight to point inquiry text that actually received proper response.

You are right about timing, it's less than 3 months. I wouldn't think about emailing, but the case has been sent in October 2010, it's post June 2010 FSW (supposedly had to be finalized in less than 12 months , or by October of 2011). I think MAY BE, just MAY BE sending an inquiry could get some attention to the case and let it move little faster (provided they did all checks already, since end of 2010).
The worst case scenario they will update me of the case status and say it is in process (similar to some of the responses other members posted).

My fingers are crossed , but who knows, emailing may not hurt , instead may get a ppr :)
Thats a good idea, but please keep us posted... Since we have same timelines, I would really like to know what helps in getting things moving... appreciate your help...

Regards
-scb2012

uscana

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
5-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2011
Med's Request
4-4-2012
Med's Done....
28-4-2012
Passport Req..
5-12-2012
Hi everyone,
I was trying to track the current time lines for medicals and PPR request and not found enough information for the applicants whose VO is New York office, I think all current applicants who are waiting for MR/PPR should regroup and start tracking our application time lines and progress to follow the foot steps of seniors from this tread who successfully got their PR and most of them landed successfully who use to shared their time lines in this thread few months back. I think this will help every one who is currently waiting for MR/PPR. who ever agrees with me, please start adding your time lines. i am sharing mine in the first line

Name Category Ist AOR Date Transfer Date to NY Medical req Medical Sent Passport req [/b][/b]

USCANA FSW3 30-Nov-2010 30-Dec-2011 28-Mar-2012 7-May-2012 waiting