+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Size too big for Passport photo

Stevieg72

May 27, 2016
Hi all,

I am submitting my documents and applying for my p.r. and it says upload a a copy of your passport and any stamps or visas so I tried uploading each page individually and it says the maximum file size is 4 KB and my passport is about 6.6 Kb after I scanned it

any help is appreciated on what to do cheers

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Stevieg72 said:
Hi all,

I am submitting my documents and applying for my p.r. and it says upload a a copy of your passport and any stamps or visas so I tried uploading each page individually and it says the maximum file size is 4 KB and my passport is about 6.6 Kb after I scanned it

assume you meant megabytes ? Reduce the dpi on the scan and you should combine into a single PDF . The scan quality is likely too high and for passport scan as long as in color does not need to be photo quality.

Stevieg72

May 27, 2016
Hey thanks for the help, I done what you said and now the documents are about 1.5 MB each, but It only allows me too upload one file and I have to upload 4 files because CIC ask for Passport and the pages with the stamps on it. Is there a way to group these into one file or document. Thanks for any help

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stevieg72 said:
Hey thanks for the help, I done what you said and now the documents are about 1.5 MB each, but It only allows me too upload one file and I have to upload 4 files because CIC ask for Passport and the pages with the stamps on it. Is there a way to group these into one file or document. Thanks for any help
Use a program like Ice Cream PDF to combine them into one file. You might be able to do that with Adobe Reader as well but not sure....

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Or Google "merge pdf", there are several free applications or even online websites where you can do it.

Anyways, for privacy concerns, better use a well known software like Acrobat professional, Acrobat plot....

AlanChapney

Apr 16, 2016
Stevieg72 said:
Hi all,

You may decrease quality and convert the image into another format. It should help