+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Review Process Request

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Hi,

does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back after the submission of additional information requested under a file review process? Thank you

Morale

Apr 6, 2023
Hello, I submitted my refugee claim back in February through my lawyer (private). She did everything related to submission of documents and boc, I don’t know which portal she used.

She never sent me an AOR despite an ircc agent claiming they sent it to me, she also made me miss my first eligibility interview. I am now worried that I may also miss out on future communications from irb which might sabotage my case especially since she believes we won’t hear from them at least after 2 years. Is there a way I could also have access to the portal, is there one portal or several? (irb or ircc).

Also to have access to the portal would i need to use her login credentials or is it possible for her to add me. Lastly do you receive the less complex letter through the portal or at your home address and how long does it usually take to receive it after brown paper?

Thank you

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Hi!

We are in a file-review process, and we just received a letter from IRB saying that our case was transferred from Montreal to Toronto for an 'efficient processing'. Does anyone know what this means? Has this been encountered before? Thank you!

Morale

Apr 6, 2023
Hi!

We are in a file-review process, and we just received a letter from IRB saying that our case was transferred from Montreal to Toronto for an 'efficient processing'. Does anyone know what this means? Has this been encountered before? Thank you!
Yes, sometimes they transfer cases between different locations for more efficient processing. This can happen if one location has a higher workload or specialized expertise. It’s completely normal!

Could you share your timeline?

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Yes, sometimes they transfer cases between different locations for more efficient processing. This can happen if one location has a higher workload or specialized expertise. It’s completely normal!

Could you share your timeline?
Yes absolutely. It is not for me, I just became a citizen this month.
But the concerned person applied in land in December 2022, heard about file review process in July and nothing since. Sorry, I do not know the exact dates.