+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Review Process Request

Salshe

Aug 1, 2022
Ontario
Category........
Other
Should I proceed with that?
After IRB determine your case as less complex case. They will automatically send a letter of file review process ,short hearing or no hearing. Not the claimant choose if they want their file to be under file review process. Please read correctly.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
After IRB determine your case as less complex case. They will automatically send a letter of file review process ,short hearing or no hearing. Not the claimant choose if they want their file to be under file review process. Please read correctly.
Counsel can request file review and paper based decision without hearing, and attach form. It is up to RPD to decide whether to give decision without hearing or request hearing...I think we are speaking two different things, less complex case and request for file-review, one IRCB determine and send notification, and the second Counsel request and IRB make decision

Reactions: sky9600

Salshe

Aug 1, 2022
Ontario
Category........
Other
Counsel can request file review and paper based decision without hearing, and attach form. It is up to RPD to decide whethe to give decision without hearing or request hearing...I think we are speaking two different things, less complex case and request for file-review, one IRCB determine and send notification, and the second Counsel request and IRB make decision

As per the Instructions Governing the Streaming of Less Complex Claims at the Refugee Protection Division, claimants and counsel may use the "Request for File-Review Processing Form" to request that a claim be reviewed and considered for potential processing under the file-review process, which means that a claim may be decided pursuant to paragraph 170(f) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) without a hearing.“

that what it says from the Link (Sky) attached

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

As per the Instructions Governing the Streaming of Less Complex Claims at the Refugee Protection Division, claimants and counsel may use the "Request for File-Review Processing Form" to request that a claim be reviewed and considered for potential processing under the file-review process, which means that a claim may be decided pursuant to paragraph 170(f) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) without a hearing.“

Thats correct Salshe. Counsel can request, and on other hand without even requesting IRB may notifify claimant that they’ll decide without hearing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did anyone go through "Request For File Review Processing"? I heard during file review process they thoroughly check documents by committee members. Some people prefer go with hearing rather go for file review process cause committee members thoroughly check documents and if they do not understand something/not cleared/satisfied or found lack credibility then they refer for regular hearing afterward that hearing becomes very hard and specific as it was reviewed thoroughly. Please share your opinion. I know it depends on case to case.
Has your case been evaluated as less complex yet? I would suggest waiting until you know what your options are and whether you have options before putting too much effort into deciding what you would select.

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023

Yes, that's correct.

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Has your case been evaluated as less complex yet? I would suggest waiting until you know what your options are and whether you have options before putting too much effort into deciding what you would select.
It's not decided yet by IRB.

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Hello there,
I checked my portal account today and I could see there was a background check completed yesterday (on July 21st, 2023). I'm not getting it actually, cause I applied in December, 2023 and in between my eligibility interviews at that time the background check was completed once which was in January or February may be. My case was referred to IRB on March 10th, 2023 that's what I was told during my 2nd eligibility interview. Why did they check again? May be it's from IRB, or they are proceeding further.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello there,
I checked my portal account today and I could see there was a background check completed yesterday (on July 21st, 2023). I'm not getting it actually, cause I applied in December, 2023 and in between my eligibility interviews at that time the background check was completed once which was in January or February may be. My case was referred to IRB on March 10th, 2023 that's what I was told during my 2nd eligibility interview. Why did they check again? May be it's from IRB, or they are proceeding further.
What happened with 2 eligibility interviews? anything of concern to have it scheduled twice?

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
What happened with 2 eligibility interviews? anything of concern to have it scheduled twice?
Everything was fine, I was told your case would be referred to IRB. Nothing was scheduled twice. Just recently they did background check again which is twice: February 6 and July 21st, 2023.

Jul 11, 2023
which portal are you checking? I was wondering if I can track it anywhere and my lawyer doesn’t seem to be very responsive so can you please share where I could track my file?

Everything was fine, I was told your case would be referred to IRB. Nothing was scheduled twice. Just recently they did background check again which is twice: February 6 and July 21st, 2023.