+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File number

KrishnaMC

Dec 17, 2016
Good day Sir / Maam,

I applied our permanent residency outside canada through agency, they delivered the package( all the original documents) last July 19, 2016. Since then i haven't heard/recieved any emails from the Cic if they recieved my documents. Is it possible/normal that until now i dont have a file number? it will be 5 months this 19th of the of this month. Hoping for your response from your good office.

Thank you,
Krishna

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
what stream did you apply for pr through? was it through spousal sponsorship, provincial nominee, express entry, or another economic stream?

AtHomeInMontreal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Never
Med's Done....
Done prior to App
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 2011
Krishna,

I never received an AOR (Acknowledgment of receipt) with a file number, although I did send the package with delivery confirmation so I knew it made it through. In fact, the first communication - of any sort - that I received was nearly 10 months after I'd submitted the application package, requesting a document they already had. A passport request was received immediately after I re-submitted the document (with an explanation that it had been included in my original application) and I landed about a month later. My application was very well supported and from what I've heard, completely typical. There was nothing in my GCIM notes (I later obtained these) that suggested any issues along the way.

With the above said, procedures may vary and my timeline reflects a U.S. outland process (Family Class). You didn't state where you applied or what stream you applied through (as CDNPR2014 noted).

If you are concerned that your application was not actually sent by your agency you may want to contact the agency for proof of delivery if you don't already have this. At least this will give you the date that your application was received. From there you can check the current processing times for your stream at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp - you will have to choose the stream and where you applied from. The site will give you an idea of timeframe and may also state that they are now working on applications received on xxx date. You can subsequently infer if you should have received an AOR or not by this time (they often send an AOR at the time they begin working on the application).

Best of luck and keep your spirits high!