Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Hi my file shows its in Process since May 2015 and reached Edmonton sometime June 2015, but I am moving to Victoria, will this delay my processing ? Can I request my file get processed in Edmonton and I will come here for test and oath ? :(

MrOptomist

Star Member
Apr 24, 2008
VTG said:
Hi my file shows its in Process since May 2015 and reached Edmonton sometime June 2015, but I am moving to Victoria, will this delay my processing ? Can I request my file get processed in Edmonton and I will come here for test and oath ? :(
If I were you, I would move to Victoria and as long as I can receive mail reliably, I wouldn't inform the office just to avoid any delays. I applied in Ft Mac in Dec 2013, moved to Edmonton in early 2014, did my test and oath in June 2015. All this time, my file was still in Ft Mac and that's where I took the test and the oath.
A friend of mine applied in Ottawa in Feb 2015, moved to Montreal in June(and updated his address) and still got his test in Ottawa.

This is just my 2 cents from my experience, senior members can advise you better.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VTG said:
Always best to update CIC with your residential address. Typically the only time applicants tend to hold back on an address update is if they have passed their test and oath is due to follow. If CIC has the 'wrong' address on file in this case Edmonton and they send notifications there for a test or oath which you fail to receive because you never told them you moved then when they ask you for a valid reason for not showing up...you are looking at file closure. Also as anecdotal evidence at testing an applicant showed up with an Out Of Province Driving Licence....an RQ was issued as the citizenship officer has say 30 people to interview and proceed to testing in a 2 hour window and he/she thinks I haven't got time to listen to this person's story as to why the apparently live in Ontario but their DL is from BC.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Thank you. I just updated it online hopefully that's enough.