22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
Hi,

I applied for citizenship back in August 2020 when I lived in Toronto, here's my timeline:

Nov 26, 2020 - Application Filed
Mar 9, 2021 - Background verification activity status updated to complete
Mar 14, 2022 - Citizenship test completed
Aug 29, 2022 - Invited to In Person Interview in Scarborough on Sept 8th, Emailed back and advised them I am out of the country on that date and would need time tor return to Montreal to get my documents before attending, please can I get another date.
Sept 7, 2022 - Advised my interview has been cancelled and my file has been transferred to Montreal.

The really annoying thing is I was hoping that they would just give me a new interview date a week or 2 later in Scarborough, instead they transferred my file to Montreal. What does this mean? Will I be back of the queue in Montreal? It's already been almost 2 years of waiting.

Thanks

cna110

Apr 25, 2022
Hi Buddy

Sorry to hear that.
May be because you gave them too much information.
You should have emailed them to ask for a delay. No reason were required.
I guess you have applied in Toronto and then moved to Montreal or somehow you are related to both cities.
Wait for Montreal office to contact you.

Reactions: iceman55

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Hi,

I applied for citizenship back in August 2020 when I lived in Toronto, here's my timeline:

Aug 29, 2022 - Invited to In Person Interview in Scarborough on Sept 8th, Emailed back and advised them I am out of the country on that date and would need time tor return to Montreal to get my documents before attending, please can I get another date.
Sept 7, 2022 - Advised my interview has been cancelled and my file has been transferred to Montreal.

The really annoying thing is I was hoping that they would just give me a new interview date a week or 2 later in Scarborough, instead they transferred my file to Montreal. What does this mean? Will I be back of the queue in Montreal? It's already been almost 2 years of waiting.

Thanks
Hey there!

I have a problem similar to yours and would really prefer to report my citizenship interview/event to the following week--anytime. I could make the interview date they originally gave me but I am away for work related travel and I'd have to negociate for this with work AND pay for a very expensive plane ticket, as I'd have to fly back to Toronto next week. I'm curious to know how much more time IRCC took to reschedule you and whether you'd say it's safe asking for a different date, the following week. If they're just going to make me wait for a few more months then I'm just gonna eat up the costly plane ticket and go negociate with my employer tomorrow. I've been waiting 3 years and 3 months at this point and don't wanna wait too much longer...

Any advice is very, very welcome!

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Montreal is the slowest office in the country, I feel sorry for you, Really frustrating
Like CNA110 mentionned, you gave them so much information, I should probably tell them that I'm flying to Yellowknife to get my file transferred there.

• Haha
Reactions: trumprefugee

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
Hi,

Thanks
Because *you* brought up Montreal. If you say your documents are in Montreal, the assumption is that your home is in Montreal. Why would a person who lives in Toronto keep their important documents in Montreal?

Reactions: Varunaimar

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Hey there!

I have a problem similar to yours and would really prefer to report my citizenship interview/event to the following week--anytime. I could make the interview date they originally gave me but I am away for work related travel and I'd have to negociate for this with work AND pay for a very expensive plane ticket, as I'd have to fly back to Toronto next week. I'm curious to know how much more time IRCC took to reschedule you and whether you'd say it's safe asking for a different date, the following week. If they're just going to make me wait for a few more months then I'm just gonna eat up the costly plane ticket and go negociate with my employer tomorrow. I've been waiting 3 years and 3 months at this point and don't wanna wait too much longer...

I emailed them asking whether they can switch my test date to the following week, while clearly mentioning they should NOT cancel my original interview date in case they cannot switch it to the following. Now I received this cryptic/unclear email: "

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting our office. Please note, once the event is “scheduled”, the date cannot be modified. Therefore, your interview will not be reschedule at this time.

You will be sent a FINAL NOTICE for an IN-PERSON interview in the near future."

I've paid for everything--plane tickets, etc.--and moved what needed to be moved from my calendar so I can make the interview date. I'd hate to show up to my interview next week only to be told I'm not in their schedule of interviewees for the day, and that I'd have to come again later. The final sentence of that email is scary--I hope this does not mean they're rescheduling me later down the road! Meanwhile, my interview date is still the same in the online portal.

Any thoughts?

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010 CSQ Application
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
Hey there!

I asked for a reschedule, it's been over 6 weeks and I'm still waiting for a new appointment.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
I asked for a reschedule, it's been over 6 weeks and I'm still waiting for a new appointment.
Moral of the story, don't re-schedule and get it done and over with?