+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File at VO CIO Sydney,NS assigned to LC01329, let’s connect here!

jedisson46

Oct 30, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-05-2020
:( I found most of applications approved at Sydney are outland, if this office is assigned for outland applications only I dont understand why they put me there and if they did why my file is not moving
Yeah it's unreasonable, something i cannot understand is if outlands can't travel to Canada and they said inland applicants are being prioritized because are already in the country, why only it's raining outlands applications but inlands nothing, in my case I just want to finish this process, be resident and being able to finally settle down here but this waiting is awful. Outlands have to receive their PRs and I'm glad but they forgot about inlands and many of us, as my case, can't work because I got stuck here with a visitor visa, so not all have an ideal situation while waiting inside :/

Reactions: intl_stu

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
Yeah it's unreasonable, something i cannot understand is if outlands can't travel to Canada and they said inland applicants are being prioritized because are already in the country, why only it's raining outlands applications but inlands nothing, in my case I just want to finish this process, be resident and being able to finally settle down here but this waiting is awful. Outlands have to receive their PRs and I'm glad but they forgot about inlands and many of us, as my case, can't work because I got stuck here with a visitor visa, so not all have an ideal situation while waiting inside :/
True, I can understand your situation but no idea why IRCC cant see this or may be ignoring us. People are facing terrible situations due to covid but still IRCC dont care. I agree that outland candidates should also get PR on time, but dont understand why inlands have long timelines whereas we are already paying taxes in this country for years now. Hope we all get it soon

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Two applicants (Outlands, COR-INDIA) received PPR email from CIO Sydney yesterday-one with Dec 2019 AOR and other with Jan 2020 AOR. Considering PPRs received in November and now these, its clear that applications processing at CIO Sydney is no more on queue basis even for like to like applications but solely depends on processing speeds of review officers. In the age of Machine Learning and AI, this kind of discretionary process is appalling to say the least and thanks Heavens! IRCC recognises the much needed overhaul of the PR application process, however we are at the mercy of fait accompli.

jedisson46

Oct 30, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-05-2020
True, I can understand your situation but no idea why IRCC cant see this or may be ignoring us. People are facing terrible situations due to covid but still IRCC dont care. I agree that outland candidates should also get PR on time, but dont understand why inlands have long timelines whereas we are already paying taxes in this country for years now. Hope we all get it soon
yeah, only hope for now is just keep waiting, so absurd this situation but we can't do anything else besides keep our minds busy with anything else while we get them

Dec 19, 2017
Hi, in the exact same situation. Inland waiting for 22 months already. Renewed my medical, and CIC agent said all is finished with my file, but they can't tell when will I get the email. My work permit expired, and my sin expired, applied for extension. It takes now 4!!! months to review WP extension. So I am in the country with expired permits, cannot switch jobs to get a little better wage, my kids and the family are stuck with the expired health cards, what happens if we have an emergency.... I am shocked how they treat inland applicant's who pay taxes, who invest in the country renting and buying properties, who do everything the ordinary citizens do for 6 years !!! ( I got here as an international student), and they keep up in this awkward situation for months.... Do you think we can find someone to raise our voice? Like write a letter to Member of Parliament, or someone higher?

naveens007

Sep 28, 2018
Two applicants (Outlands, COR-INDIA) received PPR email from CIO Sydney yesterday-one with Dec 2019 AOR and other with Jan 2020 AOR. Considering PPRs received in November and now these, its clear that applications processing at CIO Sydney is no more on queue basis even for like to like applications but solely depends on processing speeds of review officers. In the age of Machine Learning and AI, this kind of discretionary process is appalling to say the least and thanks Heavens! IRCC recognises the much needed overhaul of the PR application process, however we are at the mercy of fait accompli.
I am November 2019 AOR. the last status received was application waiting for review by officer and that was in June 2020. From June 2020 till now , no updates, medicals expired in Oct'20 and have raised webforms to know if medicals are extended, but no response. Really frustrating experience.

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi, in the exact same situation. Inland waiting for 22 months already. Renewed my medical, and CIC agent said all is finished with my file, but they can't tell when will I get the email. My work permit expired, and my sin expired, applied for extension. It takes now 4!!! months to review WP extension. So I am in the country with expired permits, cannot switch jobs to get a little better wage, my kids and the family are stuck with the expired health cards, what happens if we have an emergency.... I am shocked how they treat inland applicant's who pay taxes, who invest in the country renting and buying properties, who do everything the ordinary citizens do for 6 years !!! ( I got here as an international student), and they keep up in this awkward situation for months.... Do you think we can find someone to raise our voice? Like write a letter to Member of Parliament, or someone higher?
Totally agree! Me and my husband have been here for more than 3 years, that's a lot of paid taxes. To be in this situation is just unbelievable, my AOR if from Feb 2020 and still no answer, and you're seeing people with AOR from July, Sept,... receiving their COPR its frustrating.

jedisson46

Oct 30, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-05-2020
Totally agree! Me and my husband have been here for more than 3 years, that's a lot of paid taxes. To be in this situation is just unbelievable, my AOR if from Feb 2020 and still no answer, and you're seeing people with AOR from July, Sept,... receiving their COPR its frustrating.
Totally agree with you, I have been looking other forums and don't get me wrong, it's good people receiving PRs but lately I only see ppl receiving it with AORs from June, July... and it's annoying. My AOR is January 2020 inland, almost one year and no movement from June when the officer approved my application, so unbelievable being stuck in this situation when we are paying taxes and helping the economy.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I just stumbled across this thread as I am also waiting for copr to be renew. I had it last year but it expire. One would think they can renew and do some minimal checks because, hey, they reviewed it already yeah? If you watch titanic movie and do intermission for pee break, you don't watch it from start but you pick up where you left?

Anyway, I empathizes with Elza here. I did many medicals and they expire and they ask to redo again and again but they do not make progress on my application. Did covid make them need to make money on medicals off our head? Why can IRCC not do final check and ask to redo medical? It's ok to do 2 medicals (1 at first when apply, and second before flying as they may want to ensure we are still not liable to their health care?) but asks us medical 3 times and above? So fools of them. Brainless. Ma daddy no own the medical centre and I no have buy 3 get 1 free offer!

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
So sorry for angry before post. I saw it and it trigger my bad feel.

Dec 19, 2017
Hey guys, just got a call from CIC asking if the whole family is currently in Canada, and informed us that we will get our PRs in half an hour!
Thought I'd share this here since seems like ppl don't tend to report back on resolution.
My total wait time was 27 !!!!! months, I got the pre-arrival email a year ago (COVID just started), since then they did not make any progress on my file. I had to extend my family medicals, extend our temporary visas countless times, SIN numbers, Health cards,... you name it. I wrote them emails, I filled out all sorts of forms,... until finally I reached out to our Member of Parliament, and her office resolved it in a couple of days!
Wish you all luck and a sooner resolution to all your cases!

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
Hey guys, just got a call from CIC asking if the whole family is currently in Canada, and informed us that we will get our PRs in half an hour!
Thought I'd share this here since seems like ppl don't tend to report back on resolution.
My total wait time was 27 !!!!! months, I got the pre-arrival email a year ago (COVID just started), since then they did not make any progress on my file. I had to extend my family medicals, extend our temporary visas countless times, SIN numbers, Health cards,... you name it. I wrote them emails, I filled out all sorts of forms,... until finally I reached out to our Member of Parliament, and her office resolved it in a couple of days!
Wish you all luck and a sooner resolution to all your cases!
Congratulations to you and family. Finally after lots of efforts You got it. Please share your complete time line with VO

Dec 19, 2017
Congratulations to you and family. Finally after lots of efforts You got it. Please share your complete time line with VO
Something like the below:

AOR: Feb 12, 2019
Medicals: Sep, 2019
Pre-arrival letter: Oct 8, 2019
Additional docs: Feb 12, 2020
Background Check: no updates til the very end
Medical Extension: Oct 20, 2020
App approved: May 04, 2021
COPR Letter: May 04, 2021

Reactions: abhishek_p81