+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File asylum while having study permit

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Ok, there is a fact that I've been here 6 months and it may be too late, However, when I came here, after 1 month I met my first boyfriend here and we've been together for 2 months, I asked him and he told me he can write a letter confirming he was my bf or even give testimony in hearing, on the other hand, I went to an LGBTQ+ sexual health clinic since my 3rd month in Canada, I don't know but I can ask them to provide a letter in that regards, I also have 2 photos with my partner back home.
I don't know how these can help my case but yeah I already weakened my case by applying too late, also I will risk a lot of things. I guess I cannot take this risk and I will continue my studies, even though I believe it's my right to get protected but it is what it is.
The asylum process is quite uncertain and I have more control on my future as a student rather than an asylum.
i think youre gonna be okay. Just make sure to get a lawyer if you do go for asylum

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
A letter of support from a local LGBTQIA+ only goes so far. It doesn’t replace personal proof that you are part of the LGBTQIA+ population. In this case OP also has other options to remain in Canada given their advanced schooling. They need to evaluate whether it makes sense to risk applying for asylum even if they have a good chance of being approved or finish their studies and work towards PR that way.
obviously a letter is not the only thing they rely on. It adds value.