+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File a petition in the Crown Court or Supreme Court to delay the Bill C24

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turboracer said:
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

Sign this petition Folks lets try our best
whats the point of these petitions? it's a private for-profit site that sells your email address to ad providers. they don't go to the minister and even if it somehow does, they are not signed by citizens. you need petitions by citizens to make an impact.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROCCO GALATI LAW FIRM
PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
Rocco Galati, B A., LL.B., LL M.
1062 College Street
Lower Level
Toronto, ON M6H lA9
Tel: (416) 530-9684
Fax: (416) 530-8129
Email: rocco @ idirect.com

Please support this guy if possible who are interested against this bill call him, he challenged already in the court filing the petition

Thanks

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I know the bill makes it harder to become citizen but how does it effect permanent residency?

As per the below para in globe and mail article, the example immigrant is in danger of jeopardizing her PR if she stays outside Canada. I thought the bill only impacts PR becoming citizens.

Globe and mail article
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/citizenship-act-will-create-two-classes-of-canadians/article18778296/

"She is now a permanent resident, just at the starting line of the four years she must spend in Canada to apply for citizenship. Her Canadian employer asks her to work in one of its overseas offices (perhaps to take advantage of her language skills and cultural knowledge). But under the new rules any time spent outside Canada will further delay her eligibility for citizenship and could even jeopardize her permanent residence. She refuses the career opportunity."

The answer to above question impacts thousands of PRs who have spent time out of Canada for various reasons. So, please help me understand if anyone is aware of it.

Thanks.
Can

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
effect to PR is nothing new. if one stays out of canada that doesn't count towards PR residency. This article isn't saying anything that already doesn't happen. if she has a spouse who is a citizen and accompanies her, then the days do count towards PR residency.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canimmigrate said:
Hi Guys,

I know the bill makes it harder to become citizen but how does it effect permanent residency?

As per the below para in globe and mail article, the example immigrant is in danger of jeopardizing her PR if she stays outside Canada. I thought the bill only impacts PR becoming citizens.

Globe and mail article
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/citizenship-act-will-create-two-classes-of-canadians/article18778296/

"She is now a permanent resident, just at the starting line of the four years she must spend in Canada to apply for citizenship. Her Canadian employer asks her to work in one of its overseas offices (perhaps to take advantage of her language skills and cultural knowledge). But under the new rules any time spent outside Canada will further delay her eligibility for citizenship and could even jeopardize her permanent residence. She refuses the career opportunity."

The answer to above question impacts thousands of PRs who have spent time out of Canada for various reasons. So, please help me understand if anyone is aware of it.

Thanks.
Can
Yes, nothing new here. The article is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
chakrab said:
effect to PR is nothing new. if one stays out of canada that doesn't count towards PR residency. This article isn't saying anything that already doesn't happen. if she has a spouse who is a citizen and accompanies her, then the days do count towards PR residency.
However, they don't and never have, contributed days towards citizenship.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My confusion is caused by the below line:
But under the new rules any time spent outside Canada will further delay her eligibility for citizenship and could even jeopardize her permanent residence.

So my question was how the new rules can jeopardize her PR if she stays out.

Also according to me as per the current rules anytime spent out of Canada as an employee of a Canadian company counts toward PR residency.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
canimmigrate said:
Also according to me as per the current rules anytime spent out of Canada as an employee of a Canadian company counts toward PR residency.
The time will be counted as long as that Canadian company meets the criteria set out by CIC. For example, if someone creates a company themselves and then goes outside of Canada to work for the company they created - this time won't be counted towards PR residency.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right.
But my question is how the new rules jeopardize PR if time spent outside.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimmigrate said:
Right.
But my question is how the new rules jeopardize PR if time spent outside.
it doesn't really affect.

the article says that since it takes longer to be a citizen. so it becomes harder as the applicant has to maintain the PR status for longer.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUBLIC PROTEST WILL TAKE PLACE ON JUNE 30 2014 at 5 pm at :

5100 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario M2N 5V7

Mel Lastman Square

https://www.facebook.com/events/329557137191849/

More than 1000+ invited

Please kindly join the protest who is against this bill C24

and also sign this petition:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

Thanks

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
turboracer said:
PUBLIC PROTEST WILL TAKE PLACE ON JUNE 30 2014 at 5 pm at :

5100 Yonge St, Toronto, Ontario M2N 5V7

Mel Lastman Square

https://www.facebook.com/events/329557137191849/

More than 1000+ invited

Please kindly join the protest who is against this bill C24

and also sign this petition:

Thanks
What will this protest do after the bill becomes law. If you have to protest, protest tomorrow or Thursday. After that may be too late.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sthaeem said:
What will this protest do after the bill becomes law. If you have to protest, protest tomorrow or Thursday. After that may be too late.
It's already too late...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sthaeem said:
Yes - I have to agree. I have really never understood the timing of the protest.