+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

field of study

bb327

Feb 20, 2014
my sister has masters of education 2005. Now she is interested in two years diploma program from a Canadian college. What are her chances of getting study permit.

- I was wondering if study gap and fields of study mismatch matters or not?
- Also can she apply open work for her husband at the same time or is it better to get study permit first?
-both of them don't have travel history, does that matter?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering if study gap and fields of study mismatch matters or not?
- Also can she apply open work for her husband at the same time or is it better to get study permit first?
What is this PG program ? in education?
She already has masters. From CIC point of view applying for PG AFTER Masters is odd.

Yes her husband can apply for OWP together with her.

Yes.

bb327

Feb 20, 2014
she has masters in special education.
can she just show cic her high school I mean should we hide that she has masters......?
don't know how to make her case.
she is now interested in technical education, relating to computer science etc. college says that she don't have computer background so she has to start from scratch....college can only give her admission in initial computer science courses.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
bb327 said:
my sister has masters of education 2005. Now she is interested in two years diploma program from a Canadian college. What are her chances of getting study permit.

- I was wondering if study gap and fields of study mismatch matters or not?
She needs to justify this gap in her Statement of Explanation that what she did after her studies.
Also, why 2-year diploma after Masters? Why not PhD? This is also an important which may create hurdles. So she need to justify it too in her SOE.