+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fiance - Visitor Visa

spulickal86

Jun 10, 2013
Hi,

I hold an open work-permit and I would like to bring my fiancee to Canada as a Visitor. I have read many blogs which indicates that the the term "Fiance" is a red flag to CIC and they would straight away reject the fiance visitor visa. But my case is little bit different as I only hold a temporary work permit (I do not have a PR, but I have applied for PNP).

So in that case would it be easier to convince CIC that my fiance has no intentions to stay permanent as I myself don't have a PR. My fiance's family is in India, but she is neither working nor studying. So its hard for me to prove her ties back to my home country.

I'm getting married in August. Hence my intention is to bring her to Canada as soon as we get married rather than waiting for 2 months to process her TRV.

Any suggestions from the experts are welcome. Thanks for your help.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
spulickal86 said:
So in that case would it be easier to convince CIC that my fiance has no intentions to stay permanent as I myself don't have a PR. My fiance's family is in India, but she is neither working nor studying. So its hard for me to prove her ties back to my home country.
It won't be easier and CIC won't think of you having a WP a reason to believe that she will leave at the end of your stay (which makes no sense as your application for PNP makes it quite obvious your intentions are to remain in Canada).

You have to prove her ties. If you can't then you will have to apply for a spousal work permit when you are married as getting a TRV would be quite difficult to get.

spulickal86 said:
I'm getting married in August. Hence my intention is to bring her to Canada as soon as we get married rather than waiting for 2 months to process her TRV.
I don't follow, how do you plan to get her to Canada without a TRV?

spulickal86

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for the informaiton Jalex. That was really helpful.

My intention was to apply for a Visitor Visa before getting married.
So by the time she becomes my wife, she would have received the Visitor Visa and I can bring her to Canada as soon as we get married.
If I apply for a Visitor Visa or WP after marriage, then it would take couple of months for the visa to be processed.

Based on your suggestion, it looks like the best option is to apply for a WP after marriage.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
hi, my case is kind of same. i also hav some questions. I m in canada on open work permit and my p r application is almost done. I have passed my medical just waiting for ppr. I went back to india last november and got engaged there. I will be getting married somewhere around november. We want to try if my fiance can get visitor visa. We have planned to show all the documents needed from my side as my job letter, pay stubs, bank statements, call and chat history, engagement pics. My fiance will be showing property worth 3 crores in india , bank balance (12000 CAD), and his university enrolment letter as he is in 2 nd year there. We have mentioned in invitation letter that he will be persuing his last year after wedding while his spousal sponsorship application will be in process. We are aytaching our wedding invitation card and venue receipt and mentioned that we he will be coming over for pre wedding shopping and we will go back together to india as we are getting married there as our families and relatives are there. We don’t have anybody in canada. We will be showing that after his 2 weeks trip we will go back to india together. I will be showing my flight along with his round trip itinerary.
1.What u think are chances of visa?
2. Is it going to affect my p r application in any way?
3. Is there more chances if i am permanent resident canada? Should i wait for my p r ? As an agent said that sponsor should be permanent resident of canada but mine is still in process.
4. If he gats the visa, will there be any problem if we change wedding date and venue than the one mentioned for trv. Will that affect hos spousalapplication in future??
Please reply
Sorry for long message
Thanks in advance