+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions

David_R

Jul 19, 2008
I plan on moving to calgary to be with my g/f and trying to figure whats the best way to go about it i wanna get there asap. Ive been trying to read about becoming a citizen the more i read the worse it looks

What is the easiest way to become a citizen?

What would i need to be able to get work there i have no training or skills so i cant get the canadian permanent residency for professional and skilled workers, i just want to be able to move there legally and work while i file for permanent residency not really asking for much

We wanna get married when i get there would this help me along any faster and if so how?

Our main concern is me not having to spend more than another year here in america and being able to find work when i get to canada,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have no skills to go as a skilled worker, then you have to find another way. I believe that low skilled workers are not automatically allowed to immigrate, they can work for 2 yrs, then have to go back. There are special visas for live in caregivers, that is if you and your girlfriend are willing to work as live in caregiver to children (nanny), or an elderly person or a disabled person, you could apply for PR status after 2 years. This means you very likely could not live together and would have to do that work you might not like for 2+ years.

Your other option is to aquire some skills for examply in carpentry, welding or other high demand job so that you can after that get fast tracked to a work permit and move to Canada and apply for the PR and everything from here.

When you get PR status, you can live anywhere in Canada and apply for any job. After 3 years of living in Canada as a PR, has to be 3 years out of the last 4 or time in Canada already counts as half, you can apply for citizenship.