+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

few questions

alexsan

May 16, 2010
hello,
i got a few question about enrolling to college or to university.
first of all, can a person who didn't finish high school enroll to college or university?
second, if yes what would it take?
and the last question can some1 explain to me how educational system in Canada work?

Thank you very much!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexsan said:
hello,
i got a few question about enrolling to college or to university.
first of all, can a person who didn't finish high school enroll to college or university?
second, if yes what would it take?
and the last question can some1 explain to me how educational system in Canada work?

Thank you very much!!
If you did not finish high school and you are 19 years of age (on or before a program begins), you can still enroll to college or university as "matured students". Applicants will have to demonstrate the required competence level on the college or university mature student test.

You would need to do your own research about the education system in Canada.

alexsan

May 16, 2010
steaky said:
If you did not finish high school and you are 19 years of age (on or before a program begins), you can still enroll to college or university as "matured students". Applicants will have to demonstrate the required competence level on the college or university mature student test.

You would need to do your own research about the education system in Canada.
i don't think i understand you. why must i be 19 years old to go to college? i read somewhere about a GED test which replace you're high school diploma, this is the mature student test you mentioned?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
If u are an adult who is above 18 yrs old, u are considered a mature student and if u have work experience that counts more as a mature student. In canadian unis, there is this thing as Adult student status to encourage those above 18 to upgrade continually, especially in skills trade or in the Universities.

So if u want to enrol in the Uni or any program such a a Dip in something, then u need to fulfill the basic requirements of that specific program, example, if u want to enrol in a business program then u need high school requirements of some Science 30 or Math 30, but if u cant or have not fulfill such requirements or have not taken such courses at high school, then u can fulfill such requirements at the community colleges near yr place or area or u can take GED, which are exams for u to take, which are equivalents of the grade 12, Science 30, math 30, physics 30, chemistry 30 or any courses, which is equal to the grade 12 standards for fulfillment of the basic requirement in specific programs or majors in unis or colleges.

There are no mature student test except the GEDs or the course specific exams that u can take after self study or attending classes at your local community colleges or after taking the exams. After u qualify for the basic requirements to the program that u want to enter then all u need is to apply as a mature student and the unis will assess if u qualify for the programs.

Hope that helps.

Jun 16, 2010
china
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess you may come to colledge the next term.I have been a colledge student.I went to it after an examination,I don't know if there are some other ways to it.I will follow these for you and leave replay when I got the answer.