+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions To All Live In Caregivers Out There...

kinoca

Jul 24, 2012
I am going to Edmonton, Canada sometime this year to take a course for a Live In Caregiver and I have a few questions for you all...

1. Do you have any time for yourself at all? Do you work at the weekends(sat, sunday)? Do you do work 8-9hours a day and do shifts or do you take care of the senior for the entire day? Because I know I will be staying in their homes, but Im not sure exactly how it works.

2. Do I have to stay with only one employer for the entire 24 months for the time to count? If I get fired, does the time I worked count? If I get fired, is it hard for me to find a new employer?

3. If I marry a canadian citizen, would that automatically grant me PR?

Thanks In Advance, answers appreciated..

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
kinoca said:
I am going to Edmonton, Canada sometime this year to take a course for a Live In Caregiver and I have a few questions for you all...

I'm wondering why you're going to take the course here? you're from visa exempt country?how are you going to enter Canada?

1. Do you have any time for yourself at all? Do you work at the weekends(sat, sunday)? Do you do work 8-9hours a day and do shifts or do you take care of the senior for the entire day? Because I know I will be staying in their homes, but Im not sure exactly how it works.

of course you can have time for yourself..it will depend if you're employer will not going to need you for the weekends(like those people working in the hospital,sometimes they're off during the weekdays)but usually they're off during the weekends..if they're going to ask you to work for more than 8 hours a day then the rest of the hours will be overtime work.
it will depend on the contract on what you're going to do after dinner,usually there's break in the middle of the day.if nothing to do especially when the kids are not home.

2. Do I have to stay with only one employer for the entire 24 months for the time to count? If I get fired, does the time I worked count? If I get fired, is it hard for me to find a new employer?

everything counts,those times that your employer paid for your taxes will be counted even if you changed employer.
it will depend on the demand to find an employer .

3. If I marry a canadian citizen, would that automatically grant me PR?
no,that will depend if the immigration will find your relationship genuine,but if they think that it's only or immigration papers or fraud then they will deny you to approve the sponsorship..

Thanks In Advance, answers appreciated..

kinoca

Jul 24, 2012
Thank you for your answers. Reason I am going to Canada to take the course is because I don't have any experience caregiving and I heared emloyers appreciate canadian trainning better.

I'm a bit confused about your last answer. How do I prove our relationship is genuine? is it unbeliebable if our relationship started while I was caregiving? If they decide I only do it for immigration, will they deny me from getting a PR at all?