+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few questions on outland application for spousal sponsorship

ThadJarvis

Aug 23, 2013
Thanks guys.

In regard to our 2 interruptions, do you think this will be an issue?

(from my earlier post)
Our situation is that we cohabited from Dec 2011 to present with only 2 interruptions - 6 weeks in May/June 13 (no visits, settling in Canada, she flew over before me, I took some time to travel) and 3.5 months in 2014 (she went away to work for the summer, multiple visits back and forth.)

So we cohabited for at least 16 months before the first interruption, however we were travelling a lot.

I have done my best to document our addresses, even if some were brief, and I have included a lot of photos. Basically we have been upfront about the two gaps and provided reasons for them, detailed when visits were made etc. and I have listed these as separate dates of living together under the questionnaire.

I hope they will consider this 'continuous' as we have been in an ongoing relationship throughout our adventures.

Come August 22nd, 2014 we have a year in Canada uninterrupted, maybe it's best to wait for that before submitting.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
ThadJarvis said:
Thanks guys.

In regard to our 2 interruptions, do you think this will be an issue?

(from my earlier post)
Our situation is that we cohabited from Dec 2011 to present with only 2 interruptions - 6 weeks in May/June 13 (no visits, settling in Canada, she flew over before me, I took some time to travel) and 3.5 months in 2014 (she went away to work for the summer, multiple visits back and forth.)

So we cohabited for at least 16 months before the first interruption, however we were travelling a lot.

I have done my best to document our addresses, even if some were brief, and I have included a lot of photos. Basically we have been upfront about the two gaps and provided reasons for them, detailed when visits were made etc. and I have listed these as separate dates of living together under the questionnaire.

I hope they will consider this 'continuous' as we have been in an ongoing relationship throughout our adventures.

Come August 22nd, 2014 we have a year in Canada uninterrupted, maybe it's best to wait for that before submitting.
I'm not 100% sure, but if you have an interruption that's superior than 3 weeks, the clock starts ticking again until you complete one full year living togheter again.
So, if you two will (re)complete a year on next month, maybe it's a smart thing to wait a couple of weeks to submit your application.
In time, if I'm not mistaken, when the whole process goes, you two can't live separate as well.

Nu2This

Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 26, 2016
Good evening,

I am also new here on this forum and have read through many threads and not sure quite sure what to do in my situation. I hope that some of you can provide your help, thoughts and input.

Here goes:
I have a boyfriend we met in 2007 and lived together from 2007-2012 when his study visa expired and I thought I was unable to sponsor him as common-law due to immigration rules then (i.e. spouse had to have certain amount of saving to prove the could support sponsored spouse). He then returned to his home county, Bermuda. We are in contact just about everyday, he supports our daughter and I and he has visited and we have all vacationed during the time he was living in Bermuda.

I would like for him to come back to Canada so we can be together and knowing that he will be able to work here (eventually). I contacted a consultant, but they gave me mixed info and cost a pretty penny.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DanSlh said:
I'm not 100% sure, but if you have an interruption that's superior than 3 weeks, the clock starts ticking again until you complete one full year living togheter again.
Not always:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/about-living-separately-after-apply-as-commonlaw-t141914.0.html

If the couple maintains the relationship, they can in fact live apart during the application process.

I do agree that a break of more than a few weeks before the couple is deemed common-law, could in fact be a big problem and would likely restart the `clock'.

ThadJarvis

Aug 23, 2013
Hi all,

I've searched but couldn't find a definitive answer.

How many immigration photos am I required to send?

I have 5 photos, per the checklist (3906E) ...then I read somewhere else that they sent 9 in. Can someone clarify?

Also, is there anything that has to be on the back? Walmart stamped them with a date already.

I understand putting them in an envelope is the go.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ThadJarvis said:
I've searched but couldn't find a definitive answer.

How many immigration photos am I required to send?

I have 5 photos, per the checklist (3906E) ...then I read somewhere else that they sent 9 in. Can someone clarify?

Also, is there anything that has to be on the back? Walmart stamped them with a date already.
You have the definitive answer, as per your checklist. Countries have different checklists and different requirements; some ask for more, some for less. Follow your checklist, not what anyone else has sent in.

If the checklist doesn't specify anything to be put on the back, then you don't need to put anything.

ThadJarvis

Aug 23, 2013
Hi all,

Thanks to all the great advice here I lodged an application on August 23rd, which was delivered by courier and arrived on August 24th. It was around 350 pages, and I think we did a good job making everything as easy as possible for the case officer to process.

Due to my tight timelines (work permit expires May, 2016,) I am eager to know my application has been received by the CPC and will be processed.

So it has been about a month and week. I have tried the CIC application status check but have not had any luck. I have heard about AORs and have checked out the timelines on the spreadsheets, it seems I should be expecting mine soon if not already but I am just wondering if there is any other way I can ensure my application has been received? Do AORs always come? If not can I do anything else?

I know I am jumping the gun a little, but at 40 days since lodging I want to make sure it has made it onto the pile of applications.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ThadJarvis said:
So it has been about a month and week. I have tried the CIC application status check but have not had any luck. I have heard about AORs and have checked out the timelines on the spreadsheets, it seems I should be expecting mine soon if not already but I am just wondering if there is any other way I can ensure my application has been received? Do AORs always come? If not can I do anything else?

I know I am jumping the gun a little, but at 40 days since lodging I want to make sure it has made it onto the pile of applications.
The only way to ensure your app was received was to send it with tracking.

ThadJarvis

Aug 23, 2013
I did send it tracked via Canada Post (not a signature, just the usual tracked option) hence I know it was delivered the day after. I can be confident it arrived physically, it's more a case that I'm wondering why I haven't received the AOR yet and why I can't search my app status. Others seem to experience a little quicker than 40 days for AOR, and given I'm in Canada I would have thought I'd have received it by now. Again I would be a little more patient if I had the luxury of time, I do not. Thank you for responding.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ThadJarvis said:
I did send it tracked via Canada Post (not a signature, just the usual tracked option) hence I know it was delivered the day after. I can be confident it arrived physically, it's more a case that I'm wondering why I haven't received the AOR yet and why I can't search my app status. Others seem to experience a little quicker than 40 days for AOR, and given I'm in Canada I would have thought I'd have received it by now. Again I would be a little more patient if I had the luxury of time, I do not. Thank you for responding.
Not everyone receives AOR and most people can't check their app status until after SA, so don't stress about it.

ThadJarvis

Aug 23, 2013
I have conditional acceptance! "Your application for admission to Canada as a Permanent Resident may now be ready to be finalised, conditional to a final admissibility review by the immigration officer."

Along with this I am requested to send a few items - photos, passport pages and update form.

I owe it all to the sound advice given here. Thanks guys!

I do have a quick question on this: when returning the photos, passport pages etc. there are two methods. One is for people residing in Canada and one is for people residing outside of Canada. In my case the application was OUTSIDE but I currently live in Canada as a temporary resident.

With that in mind, which do I send it to? Sydney, or the CPC in ON? On the one hand I'm in Canada, but on the other hand this is not an inside application and everything else so far has been through Sydney. I looked for an answer to this question but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ThadJarvis said:
I do have a quick question on this: when returning the photos, passport pages etc. there are two methods. One is for people residing in Canada and one is for people residing outside of Canada. In my case the application was OUTSIDE but I currently live in Canada as a temporary resident.
It doesn't matter that it's outland app. You reside in Canada, so you can send your stuff to the office here.

And congrats :).