+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions about Canada Education.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, help me out on this one..

i have completed my 4 year course as 'Bachelor of Science in Information Systems' outside Canada, now i want to go to canada to get a 2 year course and start working there.

my questions:

1. which is better for a 2 year course related to computers? College or University?
2. do i have an advantage, in terms of job application, bec. i have bachelors degree + the 2 year course diploma?
3. what are best known universities/colleges in toronto?
4. which sector receives high salary in toronto, programmers or engineers?? (coz i have plan to get diploma on engineering)
5. if there are better universities/colleges outside toronto (near the city), pls post it here. tnx

pls help me out on this one, coz i dont want to struggle in upcoming months/years. i want it to be smooth.

thanks again. i hope you guys will help. ;D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Universities don't offer two year programs.
2. Hard to say - it depends on the job and the employer. In Canada employers tend to focus a great deal on experience in addition to education.
3. University of Toronto is the top university in Toronto. York is second. Can't comment on colleges. Probably Ryerson.
4. This is too general a question to answer. Both can have equally high salaries depending on the specialization, experience, etc. Engineers are probably a bit higher. But employers will be looking for a degree in Engineering (i.e. four year program) - not a diploma.
5. No for universities. U of T is top ranked in Toronto and immediate area.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Some Universities does offer two year programmes. Better check with them.
2. Hard to say...
3. Ryerson is also a University. Seneca is a college
4. Again too general to answer...
5. I think University of Guelph in the city of Guelph have the best vet medicine school (probably the only one) in Ontario

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Generally speaking a two year masters program is better than a 2 year college program. Although, I am not sure about the specific field of computer science, but I think a 2 year university course will be better.

2) You have a better chance of getting a job in Canada if you have a Canadian education in addition to your degree back home

3) The universities in Toronto are the University of Toronto, Ryerson University, and York University. Also, you can get to McMaster University and University of Ontario institute of technology within 1 hour from Toronto. The colleges in Toronto include humber college, george brown college, centennial college, seneca college. Sheridan college and durham college are neighbouring cities and many people live in Toronto and go there.

4) I really have no idea. Although I am clueless but I do know that engineering and computer science have different sub fields. Salary and job prospects may be different based on the sub field you choose.

5) Too many universities in Canada. Generally speaking, the top 3 universities in Canada are the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia and McGill University. Please note that the fact that a university is the best generally does not necessarily mean that they are the best in your specialty. For example although the University of Guelph is not the top 5 generally, it will probably be in the top 5 in the field of agriculture and vet. While I was in high school, I had a strong believe that the University of Waterloo is one of the best schools for engineering and computer science (Im not sure if it is still the same)

Good luck

AKIF MOIN

Dec 12, 2011
HI

I am the MBA from Karachi, Pakistan and soon get Canada. I have secured admission in one year PGD in Professional financial services. Plz reply me the job market of this course?

Further, If I want to change my course then which of followings are better according to the job market of Ontario.

Business - Marketing
International Business Management
Marketing Management

VPS123

May 10, 2012
Trivandrum, Kerala
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I am bachelor degree holder in Civil Engineering and I have 5 years of work experience in the same field.....I am looking for Canada as an employment basis...So first I would like to do PG diploma in any SPP colleges in Canada . So I am asking you guys which PGD course is suited form me to stick on Canada's job market.............