+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Important Queries regarding Parents Sponsorship!

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Hi Guys! I have few queries if someone can help.
I was invited to apply PR for my mother this year. I only put her name in the interest form since my father didn't wanted to come to canada permanently right now and he has supervisa just being granted to him for 9 years, and my mom is already in Canada on super visa. I got married in 2017 Jan in Pakistan. And I meet the income requirements as follows.
2016 (52k - 3 persons) - me. My mom and dad
2017 (59.7k - 4 persons) got married in Jan ( me, my wife and my parents)
2018 (72k - 4 persons) me , my wife and my parents..

Btw my wife has got her passport back from Canadian vac just yesterday ( got the or application approved) and she will come to Canada in june. I read on the forums that if I apply PR for only my mother it will be refused since she's married and not divorced.

Now my questions are
1) I am right in beliving that in 2016 I don't need to be above lico for 4 persons since I was not married in that year?

2) do I have to apply PR for only my mother since it was only her name in the Interest to sponsor form or I can apply for both my mom and dad?

3) I can add my father as a dependent of my mom in the application even though he is the earning entity in the house and my mother is a housewife?

4)my parents don't have marriage certificate as they were married in 1980 and never needed it. What can I do? They only have nikkah nama!

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Hi Guys! I have few queries if someone can help.
I was invited to apply PR for my mother this year. I only put her name in the interest form since my father didn't wanted to come to canada permanently right now and he has supervisa just being granted to him for 9 years, and my mom is already in Canada on super visa. I got married in 2017 Jan in Pakistan. And I meet the income requirements as follows.
2016 (52k - 3 persons) - me. My mom and dad
2017 (59.7k - 4 persons) got married in Jan ( me, my wife and my parents)
2018 (72k - 4 persons) me , my wife and my parents..

Btw my wife has got her passport back from Canadian vac just yesterday ( got the or application approved) and she will come to Canada in june. I read on the forums that if I apply PR for only my mother it will be refused since she's married and not divorced.

Now my questions are
1) I am right in beliving that in 2016 I don't need to be above lico for 4 persons since I was not married in that year? Yes, you are right.

2) do I have to apply PR for only my mother since it was only her name in the Interest to sponsor form or I can apply for both my mom and dad?
No, you can't apply only for mother if your dad is alive, he must be in application as a spouse whether he want to come to Canada or not.

3) I can add my father as a dependent of my mom in the application even though he is the earning entity in the house and my mother is a housewife?
No, you can't. He will be add as a spouse.

4)my parents don't have marriage certificate as they were married in 1980 and never needed it. What can I do? They only have nikkah nama!
No issue, as long as you have the "nikkah nama" just do the true translation to English from authorized translator.