+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few confusions - you get Cookie basket if you help, for real. :)

mofo666

Jan 3, 2015
I had few questions regarding the EOI profile.

1. What funds (Canadian dollars) have available to bring to Canada to support and his/her family?
Q: Will 65K good enough for family of 3 including me?

Has finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?
Q: I have done my BE, got accredition with WES. Do I need to mention my High school and Higher secondary too?

Which Provinces or Territories wouldconsider living in?
Q: I picked the usual, Ontario, Alberta and BC
Any suggestions to add any, I work as IT Project head (0213) btw...

Representative to CIC
Q: What has to done here?

Primary occupation
Q: for a period of time, I had dual designations, one operational (Project head) and another for statutory reason (Director - 4 yrs, Managing Director 1 yr) for period of 5 years. Should I mention both or drop the statutory one?
I reckon the NOC code for Director and MD would be different than 0213
Statutory roles have certain responsibilities (but no PAY, companies pays for operational one)
What you suggest?

Date first became qualified to practice in this occupation
I was a Software QA Tester and then became lead, and then became PM....should I give the time when I became PM?

Q: Wife last name?
My wife's pre-marriage last name is on Passport. Though we have marriage cert and bunch of stuff where she has used new last name. Should she use post-marriage last name?

Q: Wife's education and IELTS?
My wife hasn't completed her grad, she has 1 paper remaining from quite sometime.
And she hasn't given her IELTS, can we edit the profile in case she does?

Thank you very much.
Cookies are very much real :)

Daniel James

Jan 2, 2015
mofo666 said:
I had few questions regarding the EOI profile.

1. What funds (Canadian dollars) have available to bring to Canada to support and his/her family?
Q: Will 65K good enough for family of 3 including me?
Yes, should be enough, official requirements are here cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

mofo666 said:
Has finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?
Q: I have done my BE, got accredition with WES. Do I need to mention my High school and Higher secondary too?
You'll need to mention your highest canadian equivalent education as reported by wes

mofo666 said:
Which Provinces or Territories wouldconsider living in?
Q: I picked the usual, Ontario, Alberta and BC
Any suggestions to add any, I work as IT Project head (0213) btw...
Might as well apply for all, again, your preference.

mofo666 said:
Representative to CIC
Q: What has to done here?
enter details of your representative, if you want to nominate one to deal with CIC on your behalf, not required if you are doing it yourself

mofo666 said:
Primary occupation
Q: for a period of time, I had dual designations, one operational (Project head) and another for statutory reason (Director - 4 yrs, Managing Director 1 yr) for period of 5 years. Should I mention both or drop the statutory one?
I reckon the NOC code for Director and MD would be different than 0213
Statutory roles have certain responsibilities (but no PAY, companies pays for operational one)
What you suggest?
Mention breakup in work experience based on Noc code which is closest to your work profile, there's no extra weightage of any speific NOCs so shouldnt be an issue

mofo666 said:
Date first became qualified to practice in this occupation
I was a Software QA Tester and then became lead, and then became PM....should I give the time when I became PM?
again, give breakup based on NOC codes, as per actual duration spent in each profile

mofo666 said:
Q: Wife last name?
My wife's pre-marriage last name is on Passport. Though we have marriage cert and bunch of stuff where she has used new last name. Should she use post-marriage last name?
Enter details as per passport. I'd suggest get the name in passport updated to post marriage name and then use that

mofo666 said:
Q: Wife's education and IELTS?
My wife hasn't completed her grad, she has 1 paper remaining from quite sometime.
And she hasn't given her IELTS, can we edit the profile in case she does?
Yes, you can edit profile at a later stage, also to claim points for spouse education, wes is mandatory and it can only be done when she graduates

mofo666 said:
Thank you very much.
Cookies are very much real :)
You're welcome

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Daniel James said:
Yes, should be enough, official requirements are here cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You'll need to mention your highest canadian equivalent education as reported by wes

Might as well apply for all, again, your preference.

enter details of your representative, if you want to nominate one to deal with CIC on your behalf, not required if you are doing it yourself

Mention breakup in work experience based on Noc code which is closest to your work profile, there's no extra weightage of any speific NOCs so shouldnt be an issue

again, give breakup based on NOC codes, as per actual duration spent in each profile

Enter details as per passport. I'd suggest get the name in passport updated to post marriage name and then use that

Yes, you can edit profile at a later stage, also to claim points for spouse education, wes is mandatory and it can only be done when she graduates

You're welcome
Perfect answers Daniel! +1

mofo666

Jan 3, 2015
Thanks a lot Daniel!

Just one thing, about wife's last name on Passport, In India updating name and stuff is difficult, sometimes it just falls in a neverending loop.
I would like it to have in her new last name, and I will try but lets say if it gets stuck up, would CIC understand?

mdRaees

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wes for spouse is not mandatory. If she is accompanying and you want to claim points on her education than only it is mandatory. If she is accompanying and you dont want to claim points for her education than also it is not mandatory. If she is accompanying you will loose some points in CRS and to cover that marks you need her education credentials(wes) and also ielts but it is not mandatory.