Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
is your application inland? or outland?
coz i did apply for inland and i sent my app june 30 . till now im still waiting for medical request and my partner'S sponsorship approval...
There is no such thing as an INLAND app for conjugal. It does not exist. All conjugal apps MUST be done outland.

Since if 2 people are inside Canada, there is no barrier to becoming common-law or getting married.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

IMPORTANT: If you’re applying in the conjugal partner class, the person being sponsored cannot be living in Canada.
  • If you’re sponsoring your conjugal partner or dependent child, you must submit an application under the Family Class. These applications are processed outside Canada

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Any updates on your application? Hope that your partner will arrive in Canada soon..
Thank you. Our application was sent to London VO in December, and since then there are no updates. Hoping for the best!

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
We received a letter and they are asking for following documents:

Evidence of any financial, social or other interdependence that has developed between you and your sponsor since your relationship started. This must be received at this office by: 2018/10/15

What can we provide here other than financial stuff?

Qurat ul ain

Feb 4, 2019
We received a letter and they are asking for following documents:

Evidence of any financial, social or other interdependence that has developed between you and your sponsor since your relationship started. This must be received at this office by: 2018/10/15

What can we provide here other than financial stuff?
Hey Zeeshan, just wanted to ask. What kind of documents or proof can be shared to illustrate social interdependence

Femme38

Dec 23, 2020
Hey guys, female birth-Muslim here from Pakistan who is with a non-Muslim man LDR for past few years. Met and stayed with my bf several times on trips. His parents know about me and mine know him. My parents also met him and liked him. But we can't marry in Pakistan because of his religion and because he has the passport of what Pakistan regards as an enemy country. I don't want him coming to Pakistan for both our safety.

We want to get married and everyone on this forum keeps advising to marry in a safe third country instead of applying conjugal. I would happily do so but do I have to declare the third country marriage in Pakistan upon return for Canada to accept our marriage? Because here I cannot legally marry a non-Muslim and our marriage certificate might mention our birth religions.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
First stay safe and be careful.

No, no reason you would need to declare your marriage in Pakistan as far as Canada is concerned.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That's good to hear. As long as Canada doesn't require that then we should be fine
I'm sure you're continuing to do research but you'll need to document and explain why no traditional marriage in Pakistan, if family doesn't participate, etc. (And many other issues)

But these points are about demonstrating that the relationship is genuine and not a marriage of convenience - nothing about religion itself or that it must be disclosed to home authorities. Letters of explanation can address those points (i.e. married in civil jurisdiction because not allowed in home country, family doesn't approve/couldn't attend, etc). The context for this info is immigration fraud/marriages of convenience, both of which can be particularly high for applicants from countries where arranged marriages are common; hence you'll need to show it's a long-term relationship.

Also look into TRVs and other aspects - applications from Pakistan can (reportedly) take quite a long time.

Femme38

Dec 23, 2020
I'm sure you're continuing to do research but you'll need to document and explain why no traditional marriage in Pakistan, if family doesn't participate, etc. (And many other issues)

But these points are about demonstrating that the relationship is genuine and not a marriage of convenience - nothing about religion itself or that it must be disclosed to home authorities. Letters of explanation can address those points (i.e. married in civil jurisdiction because not allowed in home country, family doesn't approve/couldn't attend, etc). The context for this info is immigration fraud/marriages of convenience, both of which can be particularly high for applicants from countries where arranged marriages are common; hence you'll need to show it's a long-term relationship.

Also look into TRVs and other aspects - applications from Pakistan can (reportedly) take quite a long time.
yeah we can explain all of that. If anything, this is a relationship of a lot of hardship, LDR was there but now we are also going through this forced Covid separation. But anyway, I get what you're saying. We've been together 4+ years. At my end, some people are happy about it and some aren't, in his family, everyone is happy. Hopefully the happy ones will be there at the wedding.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yeah we can explain all of that. If anything, this is a relationship of a lot of hardship, LDR was there but now we are also going through this forced Covid separation. But anyway, I get what you're saying. We've been together 4+ years. At my end, some people are happy about it and some aren't, in his family, everyone is happy. Hopefully the happy ones will be there at the wedding.
Good luck, and stay safe.

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Hey Zeeshan, just wanted to ask. What kind of documents or proof can be shared to illustrate social interdependence
Hello, I just read your post. I am posting below what I had replied to another member asking for help:

Hello,

We just followed the instructions given in the application. So, we submitted whatever they asked on the website and nothing more. However, at the very last step, I believe they were still not 100% certain about the genuineness of our relationship, so they asked to submit proof of myself meeting my partner in the 1 year time frame after submission of the application. Luckily, I had gone to meet him after submitting the application, so please make sure you go meet your partner after submission of the application.

Other than that, we submitted: hotels booking printouts, airline tickets (both), pictures (I submitted close to 300+ photos only at the last step when they asked for more proof and wrote a little description at the back of each photo), skype screenshots, emails and letters with English translation done by self (no need to do the translation officially, only if asked), gifts receipts, online flowers purchase receipt, whatsApp message screenshots (depends on you how many you would like to send and they should show normal couple conversation), any other evidence from travel destinations like souvenirs, tickets (we travelled to amusement parks, so we submitted those tickets), include TRV document including refusal letter. My partner was divorced, so we submitted the divorce decree, along with official translation and an official affidavit. It will take a while to collect all these documents but it will be worth it in the end.

Any other help you need, you can always ask. Good luck!

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy