Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
I think you can learn from my experience.... Im in the same shoes.

Im a natural born Canadian citizen (male) and my partner is a transgender woman from the Philippines. Im in your position few months ago. I spent thousand our hours reading here and posting here, some people are helpful but some will add to your stress.

My partner and I applied for conjugal application last april 2016 and we are approved she will get her permanent Visa. As of today she is waiting for her COPR(confirmation of permanent residence). She submitted her passport last week and hopefully will arrive this week. (The worst part is over but surely its worth it.)

My partner and I cant get married in the Philippines.(no same sex marriage) Some people here WOULD INSIST YOU TO GET MARRIED IN OTHER COUNTRIES BUT HOW MANY DENIALS YOUR PARTNER MUST SUFFICE in addition to wasted money? I was advised by some people here to do COMMON LAW. IM GLAD I DIDNT LISTEN TO THEM. IN FACT SOME OF THEM REPLIED ON YOUR THREAD.

REMEMBER THIS CIC WILL TREAT ALL FAMILY CLASS EQUALLY REGARDLESS IF YOU ARE MARRIED, COMMON LAW OR CONJUGAL. It will all depends how strong your evidence are... Focus on evidence.

I beg to disagree that conjugal is the least priority or hard to prove. No its not! Dont be discourage by some people here saying you have slim chance. MAJORITY OF LGBT COUPLES GO THIS WAY.

My advise is to go outland CONJUGAL application but your partner needs to apply a trv in canada,(atleast 1-2 attempt) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. This shows that your partner is attempting to visit you but was deprieved of a visa. Now if he gets refused then include it in your application along with your NEW ZEALAND and other countries denial letter. This would be enough proof. This will serve as immigration barrier and this will be favourable at your side.

In addition, if your partner will apply a trv in canada HE MUST DECLARE THAT YOU HAVE RELATIONSHIP because if he said hes not in a relationship to anyone, then he gets approved plus will get married in canada, and in your application says in a 5 year relationship, you will put your application in jeopardy. Unless you are willing to lie which i wont suggest at all.

You dont have to apply dozen times in different countries that allows same sex marriage. I beg to disagree to what other people say here. In my case, my partner was denied a trv in canada twice and in US ONCE. We included it in our application along with kick ass cover letter and it works. We explain that we cannot get married as much as we want to and cant completely cohabitate due to Philippines dont recognize same sex common law by its government.

Explain in your cover letter that you both want to get married in any country that allows same sex marriage however you were denied by a visa by those countries. Explain your financial situation and plans. Explain in detail the consequences Of common law, that you will be persecuted in the country of origin or wont have better life together or wont cohabitate your affairs completely.

Listen, What you need to focus are your combined your affairs.... For example:

-do you have properties together? Lease? Shared bills? (If not explain it)
-shared bank account or credit cards?
-vehicle under your names?
-insurance? Wills? (Living will, special power of attorney and last will and testament)
-pictures together? (Old and current)
-dine in receipts or any important things that you both purchased like home appliances, cellphone etc
-do you travel together? (Locally or abroad)
-do you give gifts? And/or how you celebrate occasions like anniversary, christmas, valentines etc
-do you send him money support (western union) or vice versa?
-letters? Postcards? Chat conversation? Email? Skype?
-any organization that would recognize you as a couple? (Read about holy union) my partner and i did a holy union ceremony in the Philippines, we also have a record that we donated to our chosen charity in the Philippines. We also have a counseling letter coming from a Psychologist regarding married life.
-testimony from family or friends? (Explain in your cover letter why no testimony from family member, tell your story. Dont be afraid. If your families disapproved your relationship, tell it.)
-any evidence that will proof that your relationship is strong, continuing and bonefide that your relationship is marriage like.

If a lgbt couple cant afford to buy a property, vehicle etc, that is not an issue. This application is not only for rich people. Demonstrate your plans, aspirations and relationship goals.

There is no income requirement to sponsor your partner but you must have a job to demonstrate that you can both sustain life in Canada. You must show your relationship is serious and willing to go above and beyond.

Good luck to you.

Cheers

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Btw, 5 years is a strong relationship. Just need to work on your proof and how you both present yourselves as a bonefide couple.

-start opening a bank account under your names or if you have credit card add his name as a supplementary.
-collect old phots, chat records, email, postcards etc.
-if you have job include his name to your insurance or in case of emergency contact person
-testimony from close friend, relatives or family
-try to have a charity or join in a fun groups (must obtain a letter or record from the stating your names and address)
-show your passport stamps, tickets, boarding passes that you visted him
-start writing a NICE COVER LETTER (he has to submit too)

You will be fine. You can apply as early as possible once you collected your evidence. Take a deep breathe, this maybe stressful for both of you. Think positive. It may take a little time but it will happen. :)

Good luck again! God bless!

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Aquakitty said:
That's good, but where does it say you need a letter of invitation for an SA visa? I only see it required for work visas.
Aquakitty, I think what the requirement is that one of the partners has to be a resident of SA. We asked a lawyer and he said we needed to have a letter of invitation.

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
canadalover4987 said:
I think you can learn from my experience.... Im in the same shoes.

Im a natural born Canadian citizen (male) and my partner is a transgender woman from the Philippines. Im in your position few months ago. I spent thousand our hours reading here and posting here, some people are helpful but some will add to your stress.

My partner and I applied for conjugal application last april 2016 and we are approved she will get her permanent Visa. As of today she is waiting for her COPR(confirmation of permanent residence). She submitted her passport last week and hopefully will arrive this week. (The worst part is over but surely its worth it.)

My partner and I cant get married in the Philippines.(no same sex marriage) Some people here WOULD INSIST YOU TO GET MARRIED IN OTHER COUNTRIES BUT HOW MANY DENIALS YOUR PARTNER MUST SUFFICE in addition to wasted money? I was advised by some people here to do COMMON LAW. IM GLAD I DIDNT LISTEN TO THEM. IN FACT SOME OF THEM REPLIED ON YOUR THREAD.

REMEMBER THIS CIC WILL TREAT ALL FAMILY CLASS EQUALLY REGARDLESS IF YOU ARE MARRIED, COMMON LAW OR CONJUGAL. It will all depends how strong your evidence are... Focus on evidence.

I beg to disagree that conjugal is the least priority or hard to prove. No its not! Dont be discourage by some people here saying you have slim chance. MAJORITY OF LGBT COUPLES GO THIS WAY.

My advise is to go outland CONJUGAL application but your partner needs to apply a trv in canada,(atleast 1-2 attempt) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. This shows that your partner is attempting to visit you but was deprieved of a visa. Now if he gets refused then include it in your application along with your NEW ZEALAND and other countries denial letter. This would be enough proof. This will serve as immigration barrier and this will be favourable at your side.

In addition, if your partner will apply a trv in canada HE MUST DECLARE THAT YOU HAVE RELATIONSHIP because if he said hes not in a relationship to anyone, then he gets approved plus will get married in canada, and in your application says in a 5 year relationship, you will put your application in jeopardy. Unless you are willing to lie which i wont suggest at all.

You dont have to apply dozen times in different countries that allows same sex marriage. I beg to disagree to what other people say here. In my case, my partner was denied a trv in canada twice and in US ONCE. We included it in our application along with kick ass cover letter and it works. We explain that we cannot get married as much as we want to and cant completely cohabitate due to Philippines dont recognize same sex common law by its government.

Explain in your cover letter that you both want to get married in any country that allows same sex marriage however you were denied by a visa by those countries. Explain your financial situation and plans. Explain in detail the consequences Of common law, that you will be persecuted in the country of origin or wont have better life together or wont cohabitate your affairs completely.

Listen, What you need to focus are your combined your affairs.... For example:

-do you have properties together? Lease? Shared bills? (If not explain it)
-shared bank account or credit cards?
-vehicle under your names?
-insurance? Wills? (Living will, special power of attorney and last will and testament)
-pictures together? (Old and current)
-dine in receipts or any important things that you both purchased like home appliances, cellphone etc
-do you travel together? (Locally or abroad)
-do you give gifts? And/or how you celebrate occasions like anniversary, christmas, valentines etc
-do you send him money support (western union) or vice versa?
-letters? Postcards? Chat conversation? Email? Skype?
-any organization that would recognize you as a couple? (Read about holy union) my partner and i did a holy union ceremony in the Philippines, we also have a record that we donated to our chosen charity in the Philippines. We also have a counseling letter coming from a Psychologist regarding married life.
-testimony from family or friends? (Explain in your cover letter why no testimony from family member, tell your story. Dont be afraid. If your families disapproved your relationship, tell it.)
-any evidence that will proof that your relationship is strong, continuing and bonefide that your relationship is marriage like.

If a lgbt couple cant afford to buy a property, vehicle etc, that is not an issue. This application is not only for rich people. Demonstrate your plans, aspirations and relationship goals.

There is no income requirement to sponsor your partner but you must have a job to demonstrate that you can both sustain life in Canada. You must show your relationship is serious and willing to go above and beyond.

Good luck to you.

Cheers
Dear canadalover4987,

Thank you for your detailed reply and all the suggestions. Yes we have already applied twice to New Zealand, once for Schengen visa, and tried to obtain info from various people in Argentina and South Africa but to no avail. A lot of time and money were wasted. Everyone on this thread gave us helpful suggestions and we are thankful. Some users however did mention to apply for Canada TRV which we didn't do earlier; a mistake on our part. But we recently applied for TRV and mentioned everything about our relationship and how we couldn't get married in our countries. Hoping for the best. My partner does not have any assets back home, so our application is weak and it's hard to prove that he would return back although that's our plan. It'll be a miracle if his TRV application is approved. I'm also working on conjugal application so that I could apply right away :D

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
One question: Do you NEED to have a job to apply under family class? I don't have job though but I want to apply asap. Can I show on my application that I will be looking for work?

Can anyone shed light on this? Thank you.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Yes it is possible. You may want to tell them you are looking for work. However it is nice if yoy get job asap to prove you can both sustain a living. A letter from your parents attesting they can help you financially is ok too.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Zzeeshan86 said:
One question: Do you NEED to have a job to apply under family class? I don't have job though but I want to apply asap. Can I show on my application that I will be looking for work?

Can anyone shed light on this? Thank you.
You don't need a job but you do need to prove to IRCC that you can support yourselves here in Canada without welfare. As said above, family support letters are good proof; you can also show savings/investments, your partner's income, income potential and a solid plan on how you will support yourselves.

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Hello All,

So we applied for a TRV but it was not accepted. :( We were honest and wrote in our application that my conjugal partner wants to come here to get married with me. We provided all details about our relationship but the immigration officer refused it on the grounds of lack of adequate travel history and that my partner would not be going back. This is funny because how else two partners could get married if they wouldn't get visa to all these countries. ::) We are one couple that possibly exhausted all our other options. Well, now our final option remains to be family sponsorship under conjugal class.

I am just worried whether they would refuse it again. Even though I don't have a job, I'm taking my chances. I hope they don't refuse me on the grounds of not having work and then I'll have to pay the whole fees again. As you guys can tell, I'm disheartened at this point.

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Thank you canadalover4987 and canuck_in_uk for your replies. I'm going to take my chances and apply. I don't have a job right now and I'm currently studying, but don't want to wait any longer. Hoping for the best.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Zzeeshan86 said:
Thank you canadalover4987 and canuck_in_uk for your replies. I'm going to take my chances and apply. I don't have a job right now and I'm currently studying, but don't want to wait any longer. Hoping for the best.
A job is not required to apply for family class sponsorship. However you must be supporting yourself somehow, else how are you eating each night?

If you have financial support from family, make sure they include a letter indicating as such and they will continue to support you by providing home, food, financial resources, etc.
You can also indicate what potential job you expect to get once you graduate.
Show a financial plan as to how you intend to support yourselves should the PR app be successful.

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Rob_TO said:
A job is not required to apply for family class sponsorship. However you must be supporting yourself somehow, else how are you eating each night?

If you have financial support from family, make sure they include a letter indicating as such and they will continue to support you by providing home, food, financial resources, etc.
You can also indicate what potential job you expect to get once you graduate.
Show a financial plan as to how you intend to support yourselves should the PR app be successful.
Rob_TO, I live with my parents but plan to move out next year. They are supporting me right now but don't think they would be willing to provide letter considering my sexuality. Unless I ask them I need it for another purpose, but it'll be wrong. I guess I'll come up with a financial plan as you said.

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Update: After painstakingly effort in putting the whole application together, we applied for a family sponsorship under 'Conjugal' class. Hoping for the best now. Anyone who needs any help on family sponsorship application is welcome to ask here.

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

Zzeeshan86

May 16, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
19-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
02-10-2017
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Update: I applied for sponsorship under the "Conjugal" class and below is my timeline.

Application Sent: August 19, 2017
Application Received: August 22, 2017
AOR1: October 2, 2017
Application Linked: October 2, 2017
Schedule A, Passport Photos Request: October 3, 2017
Sponsorship Approval: October 28, 2017
Medical Request: November 3, 2017
Medical Passed: November 12, 2017

I had submitted Police Clearance Certificate along with application and hence did not need to submit them. Also, I had no job at the time of application but fortunately was approved as a sponsor. I just submitted a document stating my future goals, copies of my degrees, and my updated resume. I guess this helped my case in proving that I could support my partner. Anyone who needs any help can ask me. Now I hope the sponsorship will be approved and finally my partner will be here next year.

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
Update: I applied for sponsorship under the "Conjugal" class and below is my timeline.

I had submitted Police Clearance Certificate along with application and hence did not need to submit them. Also, I had no job at the time of application but fortunately was approved as a sponsor. I just submitted a document stating my future goals, copies of my degrees, and my updated resume. I guess this helped my case in proving that I could support my partner. Anyone who needs any help can ask me. Now I hope the sponsorship will be approved and finally my partner will be here next year.
Any updates on your application? Hope that your partner will arrive in Canada soon..

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017

is your application inland? or outland?
coz i did apply for inland and i sent my app june 30 . till now im still waiting for medical request and my partner'S sponsorship approval...