+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feeling overwhelmed...please someone respond for my sanity!!!

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
Thanks Diana90, wow, that was a long wait :eek:!!!...Chelley, how long has your whole process been so far?...and what about you KC416?

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
bajan... inland is always slower than outland... it's not unusal for inland to take 2 years...

we started Sept 30 and dropped off passport (the last stage, they put the stamp in it once they get it) this week... less than 5 months so far from application submittal, less than 4 months from application being received in kingston (nov 11 was that date)... this is pretty fast by kingston standards, but seems that a few others are on parallel with us, so maybe their reputation is improving a little?

barbados applications are done from trinidad, which is one of the few places that, unfortunately for you, has a poorer trackrecord than jamaica... hopefully things are improving over there too...

here's the average processing times

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Great idea.... me and hubby are planning to have a baby asap god willing...and i would LOVE to go stay in JA for my maternity leave... we have a house in JA and we have no children as yet so it would be the pefect chance for us to go stay there for a long period of time together. Not sure if hubby will be dedicated to a long term job by then or not but I would love to go there and stay at our place and be close to his family. Since he has no family here I feel that is very important for our children to be brought up close with his family and mine and this might just be the first opportunity I get...

Chelley i would love to hear about the private schools in JA....

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
...It seems inland time spans will never decrease...when I sponsored my ex it was inland and we had a lawyer. Within 8 months of sending in the application, immigration asked him to go home to St. Vincent. he stayed there 8 months...our son was 8 months old when he left.
Anyways,
I'm hoping Trinidad has it together now and will be prompt with the paper work, background checks and such...I really want him to experience the whole birthing process with me. I'm allowed to stay there for up to 6 months at a time.