citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
sir,

can we get fee refund of 550 dollars if NER recvd due to insufficient points.

pls suggests.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidestep4u said:
sir,

pls suggests.
Yes you can. If you have been rejected due to that you will get a refund in 6-8 weeks. Thanks

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
few people saying no and i am confused.

more suggestions needed.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
sidestep4u said:
more suggestions needed.
your NER e-mail should contain the refund issue. I had.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
mute_man said:
your NER e-mail should contain the refund issue. I had.
NO INFORMATION ON IT REGARDING FEES BUT CREDIT CARD IS CHARGED .ITS MY FRIENDS APPLICATION..

arrowsmom

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
7241 / 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application kit
AOR Received.
02/03/2012
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
02/21/12
Med's Request
05/03/12 (thank you Lord)
Med's Done....
05/22/12 Meds Sent to CEM : 06/22/12
Interview........
07/22/12 Medical results have been received on ECAS
Passport Req..
08/06/12 (DM : 09/20/2012)
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/12
LANDED..........
10/23/12 at Edmonton, AB
sidestep4u said:
NO INFORMATION ON IT REGARDING FEES BUT CREDIT CARD IS CHARGED .ITS MY FRIENDS APPLICATION..

hi sidestep, my friend also did not have anything on her NER regarding refund... they were given a UCI/Immigration file No. what is surprising is that they were given NER and yet their ECAS shows "In Process <--- we received your application for permanent resident visa on xxxx" exactly same as my ECAS

does this show they wont give refund even if the applicant got NER at CIO stage?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidestep4u said:

more suggestions needed.
Ask him to send urgent email at the following and ask if he is eligible for refund. Normally if the application is refused at CIO stage, a refund is possible. Thanks

CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply-after.asp

Sanam Pao

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidestep4u said:
sir,

pls suggests.
No, you can't. I asked for a refund and they told me that refund is not available if application is refused due to insufficient points(CIO stage). In addition, my NER letter didn't contain refund part either.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
Sanam Pao said:
No, you can't. I asked for a refund and they told me that refund is not available if application is refused due to insufficient points(CIO stage). In addition, my NER letter didn't contain refund part either.
but our expert qorax saying we get a refund.

Sanam Pao

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand, but somehow CIO has different levels in which it can assign NER. And both you and me fall into the non-refundable one.

Here is the answer from VO that should clarify my statement:

It is true that applications found ineligible for processing are refunded the processing fee. However, your application was refused due to insufficient points, rather than for not being eligible for processing. The exact reasoning and the details of the point assessment were given to you in the letter sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) Sydney, dated 29 June 2011.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
sidestep4u said:

more suggestions needed.
You should be entitled to a full refund if your application was rejected prior to going IN PROCESS. Since both CIO and visa office eligibility reviews are performed prior to going IN PROCESS, and calculating points is an eligibility review item, then IMO you should get a full refund.

However, I have heard it can take up to 6 months, so you may have to wait a while. If it gets past 6 months with no refund then I would contact CIC.

Best of luck.
Wayne.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanam Pao said:
I understand, but somehow CIO has different levels in which it can assign NER. And both you and me fall into the non-refundable one.

Here is the answer from VO that should clarify my statement:

It is true that applications found ineligible for processing are refunded the processing fee. However, your application was refused due to insufficient points, rather than for not being eligible for processing. The exact reasoning and the details of the point assessment were given to you in the letter sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) Sydney, dated 29 June 2011.
Agreed...That might be the case of not getting refund. Thanks

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear all,

After I got NER for my first application on 21st Nov 2011, until now CIO never credit back to my CC account. In my NER email, they are using like you are not eligible to apply due to incomplete of job descripitiom( not mention like insufficient points or like how many points you only got). But in NER email, they issue UCI and Application number. So I can log in to ECAS online and check, can see In Process.

After a few days later, change to decision made(because of NER).

So my question is would they refund back my application fees? Any suggestion.

This is details from my NER email.

The processing fee and, if applicable, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you paid are refundable. You will receive a cheque within eight to twelve weeks OR if you paid by credit card you will receive a credit on the credit card provided within eight to twelve weeks.

Regards,
Myat

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
This is coy and paste from my NER email from CIO on 21.11.2011.

The processing fee and, if applicable, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you paid are refundable. You will receive a cheque within eight to twelve weeks OR if you paid by credit card you will receive a credit on the credit card provided within eight to twelve weeks.

The refund cheque will be sent to the address provided in your application. If you have changed your address please advise us immediately of the new address. Address changes should be faxed to (902) 270-3561. PLEASE NOTE THIS FAX IS ONLY FOR ADDRESS CHANGES.

Note:
Any requests made on the basis of humanitarian and compassionate grounds accompanying a Federal Skilled Worker application cannot be processed unless the application is otherwise eligible for processing under the Ministerial Instructions.

Any requests for positive substituted evaluation accompanying a Federal Skilled Worker application cannot be processed unless the application has met the minimum requirements outlined under Regulation 75(2).

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker class, you may qualify under another category. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
sidestep4u said:
sir,

pls suggests.
There are two types of NER: (1) at eligibility stage regarding your NOC or (2) at admissability stage (due to insufficiant points).

According to EG7, if you receive a NER at the first stage, your should get a full refund. This should be mentioned in your NER-letter or e-mail.
However if you receive a NER due to insufficiant points, they have already started to work on your application, therefore you will not get a refund.

Page 15 of EG7:

"less than the pass mark
Note: If you are refused at this stage, the processing fees will not be refunded."