+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fedral Investor Immigrant programs 'PAUSED'

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
It has been announced that the FSW and Investor Immigrant programs will be "paused" until January/2013.
Here is the press release: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-06-28.asp

All so Quebec has suspended it's Investors, Entrepreneur and Self-Employed intake until March 31/13 http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...s-receipt.html

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
kindly update me , they paused new application , what about old application ,they still working on them Right ? i applied jan 2008 still no documents request so far ....

Please reply me. thanks

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
nabil2009 said:
kindly update me , they paused new application , what about old application ,they still working on them Right ? i applied jan 2008 still no documents request so far ....

Please reply me. thanks
Yes they are still processing existing applications, but very slowly. The Government of Canada is eliminating the backlog in the main federal economic immigration program, by refunding fees and returning stale applications from nearly all those applicants who applied under the dated criteria in existence before February 27, 2008. If you applied in January 2008, you may be one of those who get there application returned. Why don't you contact CIC to get an update / clarification?

sarabi

May 25, 2011
My application was submitted in September 2010, but still no news for update documents etc,
There are various thoughts; some consultant say this backlog will complete till 2013~2014, few consultant believe backlog will take up in this year, but honestly speaking as per my research, I don’t think this backlog will complete before 2013, although I also attract when anyone says QIIP will consider all previous application (after 2008) in this year, but it’s just statement, everything is uncertain in Canada Immigration files,
There is only one way where we get authentic feedback, those who are getting call for document update, interview or PR, keep posting their history in this forum, (but mostly peoples don’t)

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
Lubs64 said:
Yes they are still processing existing applications, but very slowly. The Government of Canada is eliminating the backlog in the main federal economic immigration program, by refunding fees and returning stale applications from nearly all those applicants who applied under the dated criteria in existence before February 27, 2008. If you applied in January 2008, you may be one of those who get there application returned. Why don't you contact CIC to get an update / clarification?
They are only returning the federal skill application, Not investor program application. Please update me . thanks

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
You are right Mr. Nabeel ......... they are just reutrning the Federal Skilled Workers applications which were applid before 2008 ............. Anyway do you have any news regarding your case ???

ca4fair

Aug 24, 2012
I'm an applicant from China. An survey on Chinese immigration forum indicates that almost all applicants submitting application to Hongkong in 2008 were required to submit update document before Oct 2010. But no applicant submitting application in 2009 has been required to submitted the documents. i.e., this procedure has paused for more than 20 months. It's abnormal. I'm afraid that CIC would obsolete our under assessed applications one day, just what CIC did to skilled worker immigration applicants before Feb 27,2008.

Can everyone post the process in your country? As far as you know, when the lastest update document letter was send by CIC? when did the applicants who received these letters submit their immigration application?
Thanks