+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Hi,
My name is naga currently residing in CANADA working for a full time employee and I skills category comes under NOC 2174 which is CODE 'A' . I recently cleared CELPIP English language Assessment test and I got 4H in all and 4L in one module. I came to this country six months before and I have closed temporarily worker visa valid till 2015 may . I know I'm eligible for CEC once I complete 6 more months , but I don't want to waste my time. Is there any possibility that I can go PR directly as I have 4 yrs profession IT experience 3 1/2 yrs in UK and .5 years in CANADA. Please share you thoughts and let me know whether I'm eligible or not.

Thanks
NagaKosuri

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
you might be. The Federal Skilled Workers program has 3 streams, one of which requires experience in select occupations - your NOC is on the list, but the cap has been reached for this round. A new list and a new cap will probably be released in April.

Your other options are somewhat determined by what province you are working in, and how willing your employer is to provide the documents you need. For examplet he FSW program also has an arranged employment stream. There is also the Provincial Nominee Program, which I would recommend looking into -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/enGlIsh/immigrate/provincial/index.asp

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Thanks for your Information . But I dont want to go for AINP I'm not sure whether employer will support to go for immediate PR as I came to this country last august . Im checking all possibilities to apply Federal CEC if not I can wait few more months. but do we know if I apply in the month of SEP 2014 how many days I will get File No .

Cheers

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
naga.msbi said:
Thanks for your Information . But I dont want to go for AINP I'm not sure whether employer will support to go for immediate PR as I came to this country last august . Im checking all possibilities to apply Federal CEC if not I can wait few more months. but do we know if I apply in the month of SEP 2014 how many days I will get File No .

Cheers
It usually takes 1-2 months before you get the file number.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
naga.msbi said:
But I dont want to go for AINP I'm not sure whether employer will support to go for immediate PR as I came to this country last august .
I'm not sure what the month you came into Canada has to do with your employer's willingness to provided the necessary documents. But whichever program you apply through, I guarantee you will need documents from your employer.

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
Hi,
I came in the month of August 17th 2013 and recently I gave CELPIP and I achieved the required score in all modules.Since my NOC code 2174 (Interactive Media Developer) and I have arranged employment & currently working in Canada, I want to go only Federal-CEC . I can submit the required original documents such as (pay slips, bank statement,offer letter-when I joined in the month of august 2013 [I didn't change company since I arrived to Canada] and CELIPIP-which is valid till 2 yrs) score . I'm currently checking the possible options whether I'm eligible to apply Canadian PR under CEC class as I have all original documents. since I asked this question here I came to know that I'm only eligible to apply for PR after august 2014.I can wait and I dont have any problem in waiting till august/sep 2014.Now I'm concern about the quota since new quota opens in the month of April I'm not sure by the time I apply still this quota will be available? if any one have idea about this please let me know . One more thing I have plans to go to England (home town) for 4 weeks in the month of May as I have 3 weeks paid holidays and +1 week unpaid . Are these holidays accountable to 12 months Canadian experience so that I can apply Federal PR-CEC after august/sep 2014 ?.

Any valuable suggestion would be highly appreciated..

Thanks,
Krish

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
naga.msbi said:
Hi,
I came in the month of August 17th 2013 and recently I gave CELPIP and I achieved the required score in all modules.Since my NOC code 2174 (Interactive Media Developer) and I have arranged employment & currently working in Canada, I want to go only Federal-CEC . I can submit the required original documents such as (pay slips, bank statement,offer letter-when I joined in the month of august 2013 [I didn't change company since I arrived to Canada] and CELIPIP-which is valid till 2 yrs) score .

None of these - pay slips, bank statement, offer letter - none of these are required documents for CEC. Please refer to the document checklist -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

The required documents include a "recent" Letter of Employment from your employer, that testifies about the work you have done (completed). For CEC, this must be written/dated AFTER you complete the 1 year of experience. It is not the same as a job offer letter, because the job offer letter doesn't describe what you actually did.

Not sure if you're also talkng about the FSW program, so here's the document checklist for that -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

Now I'm concern about the quota since new quota opens in the month of April I'm not sure by the time I apply still this quota will be available? if any one have idea about this please let me know .

FSW's quota timeframe ends in April, not CEC. For CEC, the current quota period is running from November 9, 2013 to October 31, 2014.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-how.asp

But not really sure what you're asking...

One more thing I have plans to go to England (home town) for 4 weeks in the month of May as I have 3 weeks paid holidays and +1 week unpaid . Are these holidays accountable to 12 months Canadian experience so that I can apply Federal PR-CEC after august/sep 2014 ?.

paid counts, unpaid does not. You would have to work an extra week to be eligible.

Urey

Nov 9, 2021
Hello all! I have got a question regarding the six skills tool for the FSW EE I need to resolve. My profile has been confirmed ineligibile recently. If one has a work experience which is not continuous but is more than 2 years in duration in total, does that experience count as 2-3 years for the six skills points calculation tool or only the one that was continuous will be considered and the others won't add to it?