+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker - Work Experience


Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Dear all,

Can anyone tell me if I am correct. As far as I have seen on the cic website and the ministerial instructions work experience can be counted even if we are self-employed. The official web page shows the following text.

To get selection factor points, your work experience will count if it was:

  • in Canada or abroad
  • while you were studying
  • while being self-employed

Does this mean that the Federal skilled Worker program is open Only to those who are self employed or is it that self- employed persons are also allowed in all the occupations. (There is a program for self-employed people who have experience in athletic or cultural occupations).

Thanks a lot.