+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Program

ara_sj1001

Sep 19, 2019
I have a work experience for 2 years as an aircraft mechanic ( NOC 7315) and I am currently working as a cook for a year and half.

I would like to apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Progam because I have a valid experience NOC 7315.
HOWEVER I only have a job offer as a cook.

Is it possible to apply Federal Skilled Worker Progam with the experience of aircraft mechanic and job offer of cook?

Looking forward answers.

Thank you!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a work experience for 2 years as an aircraft mechanic ( NOC 7315) and I am currently working as a cook for a year and half.

I would like to apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Progam because I have a valid experience NOC 7315.
HOWEVER I only have a job offer as a cook.

Is it possible to apply Federal Skilled Worker Progam with the experience of aircraft mechanic and job offer of cook?

Looking forward answers.

Thank you!!!
Is your job offer supported by an approved LMIA?

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Hi Scylla,

I have been studying full time for Bachelors degree in India but in the last whole year of pursuing my degree I have also managed full time work of about 8 hours Mon-Fri in India as a 21 years old Indian Citizen (because my full time college is just for 5 hours, 7am to 12pm post which i go to work from 1pm to 10pm), am I eligible for one year of full-time work experience CRS points according to the below requirement or it will be considered part time / invalid?

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation
LINK - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Note - I have an employment letter stating my full time work tenure, and pay cheques too.

Please guide asap. Thank you very much.

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi Scylla,

I have been studying full time for Bachelors degree in India but in the last whole year of pursuing my degree I have also managed full time work of about 8 hours Mon-Fri in India as a 21 years old Indian Citizen (because my full time college is just for 5 hours, 7am to 12pm post which i go to work from 1pm to 10pm), am I eligible for one year of full-time work experience CRS points according to the below requirement or it will be considered part time / invalid?

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation
LINK - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Note - I have an employment letter stating my full time work tenure, and pay cheques too.

Please guide asap. Thank you very much.
Your work experience will be counted as fulltime. They only refuse to consider it if you were studying and working in Canada. Good luck

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
That's great! Thanks for letting me know. Would appreciate if you could also let me know - the full time employment was a project and i got paid after 7-8 months once the project was over. It was a cheque payment from the organization which was deposited in my bank account.
Is it fine if i don't have monthly payslips / monthly salary deposits to apply for PR?

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Just the employment letter is enough. As long as it mentions EVERYTHING they require, you should be good with no paystubs... I know people who were in the same situation and have PR now.

Reactions: Pakistani student

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
ok perfect, do you have a template of the employment letter (other than the specific NOC duties) ?
Really appreciate it.

abhi4001

Jun 8, 2018
Guys please help me in choosing NOC. I have worked as a lecturer in a university for 5 years before my Masters degree. so which NOC should i select NOC4011 or NOC 4021. As it is mentioned in NOC 4011 that masters degree is required but i was bachelor back during those years.

ara_sj1001

Sep 19, 2019
Yes, My job offer is under LMIA Approval.
BUT the problem is,
my experience (aircraft mechanic NOC 7315) and my job offer( Cook NOC 6322) doesn't match although both positions are available for the FSTW program.

Is it ok? or the experience and job offer must be in the same NOC, job title, job duties?

Vancouver0120

Feb 15, 2020
Yes, My job offer is under LMIA Approval.
BUT the problem is,
my experience (aircraft mechanic NOC 7315) and my job offer( Cook NOC 6322) doesn't match although both positions are available for the FSTW program.

Is it ok? or the experience and job offer must be in the same NOC, job title, job duties?
Hi ara_sj1001,
Congrats on your process so far. I dug a little about your concern and found this on the cic website:

Your skilled work experience must be:

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

Hope this helps.

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am looking forward to apply under Federal Skilled Worker ( Express Entry) that shows up in Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.
My job's NOC code and duration in India suits the criteria , however, I do not have a valid job offer in Canada . I am preparing to apply from India.
Am I still eligible to apply in this category without a job offer as I am able to get 68 points in Federal Skilled Worker - points calculator.
Please provide me your feedback as it would help me to confirm what I can try going further.

Thank you!

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Your work experience will be counted as fulltime. They only refuse to consider it if you were studying and working in Canada. Good luck
Hi bambisp, really appreciate your response. Would you mind if i ask you for the source link of this information ? Need to forward it to my agent