Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
I think these are largely misdemeanours and have no connection with this case. What I don't know is if lawyers from his firm can proceed with the case during his suspension.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ofonzo said:
I think these are largely misdemeanours and have no connection with this case. What I don't know is if lawyers from his firm can proceed with the case during his suspension.
He has no lawyers, and he has no firm. He's a one-man show, and is now on vacation for 60 days (possibly more if he doesn't produce the requested documents).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tuyen said:
This has nothing to do with immigration.

Refer to the links I provided.
I don't always agree with tuyen - but I agree with him now.

This has nothing to do with immigration. You can see from Tim's history that he's had problems in the past (see Johnny31's post). Who the heck practices law when they're uninsurured? (Tim did this for FOUR years.) I have many friends who are lawyers and can tell you this is a serious offence.

Much like doctors, there are good lawyers and bad lawyers. Unfortunately it looks like Tim falls in the second group.

Hopefully he has plans to pass his cases on to a colleague while he's under suspension for the next two months.

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
I am starting thread solely for Tim clients status. Every individual who is Tim,s client update:

[tr][td]

S.N. Name Pre June Post June E Status Latest Update
1 Hopefulever N Y I P

umerrais79

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2005
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
30-08-2005
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
29-09-2010 From Islamabad to London
bhayon be positive now its time to play duma dum mast qalander with jk at canada we all goto canada on same day with different flights and combine together at Canada airport soon inshallah and than start duma dum mast qalander with jk soon. lets hope for the best now. Bhayoon ghum nahi mananay ka balkeh duniya ko dikhanay ka kay hum sab ek hath ki muthi ek jaan hain and we'll win soon inshallah so dont fight with each other and be unite and positive :)

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
umerrais79 said:
bhayon be positive now its time to play duma dum mast qalander with jk at canada we all goto canada on same day with different flights and combine together at Canada airport soon inshallah and than start duma dum mast qalander with jk soon. lets hope for the best now. Bhayoon ghum nahi mananay ka balkeh duniya ko dikhanay ka kay hum sab ek hath ki muthi ek jaan hain and we'll win soon inshallah so dont fight with each other and be unite and positive :)
kya baat hay janab,Allah Pak hum sb ka ye khwab jald pora Kray.Amin.

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
jevan said:
kya baat hay janab,Allah Pak hum sb ka ye khwab jald pora Kray.Amin.
umerrais79 & Jevan,

Please speak english so that we all can understand. Thanks ;)

ravi12

Jan 4, 2013
A 61-year-old immigration agent, who was arrested last week for allegedly cheating over 100 persons to the tune of Rs 1.5 crore, has been found to have invested nearly Rs 40 lakh of the ill-gotten money to produce a set of DVDs on etiquettes and manners.

With not a single set being sold, the project bombed, compelling the suspect to flee from the city two years ago.

Masooma Ali Shaukat Ali, is now in jail after she was arrested by the Economic Offences Wing from Pune last week. Her partner in the business, Diana Mascaren has, is absconding and suspected to be hiding abroad. Masooma claims her husband Shaukat Ali is a brother of Bollywood comedian of yesteryear, the late Mehmood.

An HSSC dropout, Masooma was a housewife before she moved to Canada with her husband in the early 90s. She began working for an immigration attorney in Canada and continued for the next 15 years before returning to Mumbai in 2008.

“With her experience in immigration, she decided to start her own consultancy service. Since people from Punjab are keen to immigrate to Canada, she opened an office in Mohali,” said an EOW officer. Subsequently, Masooma faced some cheating cases filed by clients whom she promised she would send to Canada, sources said.

In 2009, Masooma opened another immigration consultancy office, this time in Mumbai with her long time friend Diana Mascarenhas as partner.

The plush Dynamic Consultancy Services office was located in Veena Beena Business Centre, Bandra (W).

She shut shop in 2011, but before that Masooma is alleged to have collected approximately Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1.15 lakh each from over 100 persons who sought her services for immigration to Canada. Some of them later approached the Mumbai Police EOW and lodged complaints.

“Masooma led a luxurious life in Mumbai and we suspect she used the money collected from clients. During interrogation, she admitted spending close to Rs 40 lakh on her DVD project,” said an EOW officer. After her stay in Canada, she thought the Indian people could learn about etiquettes and manners and produced the DVD set which taught proper etiquette in various aspects of life.

Masooma believed people in India would lap up her product, but she told interrogators that it flopped completely and she lost the entire money. “She did a lot of advertising for her product on TV and the print media, but the project was a disaster,” EOW sources said.

After losing the money, Masooma left Mumbai and lived in Pune before she was caught by EOW. Her partner Diana fled abroad.

Please Be careful. and take care of what you have, Now US is Also opening its gates for immigrants. but US is different Illegal Immigrants are welcomed from the shadows.

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hopefulever said:
I am starting thread solely for Tim clients status. Every individual who is Tim,s client update:

[tr][td]

1 Hopefulever N Y I P
2 Jatt_Warrior N Y Not able to login Tim has informed me his next actions. No need to worry, he is a lawyer and knows how to handle such situations. 8)

cljw31

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Jatt_warrior said:
Tim has informed me his next actions. No need to worry, he is a lawyer and knows how to handle such situations. 8)
If you don't mind sharing, what are his actions to handle his 2 months suspension while still representing us. What can he do for us?? He is suspended!

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Jatt_warrior said:
hopefulever said:

[tr][td]

1 Hopefulever N Y I P
2 Jatt_Warrior N Y Not able to login Tim has informed me his next actions. No need to worry, he is a lawyer and knows how to handle such situations. 8)

[I am 100% sure that we will win this litigation. Canadian Government will not do this again as the damages they will have to pay in the settlement will be enormous. Do not get discouraged on delay in getting visa, as god has different ways of giving things. Maybe he wants to send you to Canada with all your pockets full (Visa plus damages) 8)]

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
cljw31 said:
If you don't mind sharing, what are his actions to handle his 2 months suspension while still representing us. What can he do for us?? He is suspended!
[Dear Litigant,

While one should never project how a judge will rule on an issue, a judge's comments at hearing are often indicative of how the judge views the issues. By that standard, the January 14th-16th hearing went extremely well for the applicants.

Without delving into the many legal issues debated at the hearing, I will just share some of the major points. Applicants' counsel argued that the Minister discriminated against the applicants by having forced them to apply at only one visa post and then not allocating a high enough quota to finalize their files in the same time-frame as occurred in Western Europe or the Americas. If the Court agrees that, owing to unlawful discrimination, the backlog issue arose, the Court could declare s 87.4 to be unlawful because, in effect, it would reward CIC for having discriminated against the s. 87.4 victims in the first place.

DoJ (Department of Justice) was unable to present a credible reason to justify closing of the files. Justice Rennie pointedly asked, in effect: "Yes, backlogs are bad and just-in-time processing is good. But, (a) is the only way to achieve the latter to abolish the backlogged files and (b) are clearing the backlog and just-in-time processing mutually exclusive?" (paraphrase). In other words, why cannot CIC institute a just-in-time processing system for new applications while clearing out the backlog: i..e, have two streams of FSW processing? In other words, Justice Rennie reflected the view that most Canadians would have if informed of the facts of the Minister's grand deceit.

Justice Rennie proved himself to be alert and alive to Charter issues, which Rocco Galatti brilliantly articulated. In his reply, Mr. Galatti had the entire courtroom silent, intensely listening to his every word. As one lawyer present put it: "I felt privileged to have been there to hear him". Mr. Galatti praised Justice Rennie after the hearing for appearing to have strong grasp of constitutional law and a keen interest in getting it right. So, we are lucky to have drawn a judge with Justice Rennie's knowledge of constitutional law and interest in deepening his knowledge. In fact, Justice Rennie thanked counsel for the insight they shared into Charter law, adding that his understanding had grown as a result.

So, as I said, one should never be too confident of how a judge will rule but Justice Rennie appears to understand applicants' arguments, to find troubling the arbitrary closing of so many files without any cogent justification beyond "Might makes Right" and to be sympathetic to the applicants' plight. Justice Rennie also mentioned that he expects to permit the losing party to appeal the case to the Federal Court of Appeal. So, even if we win at this stage, it may not be over.

In anticipation of an appeal, Mario Bellissimo asked Justice Rennie if he rules in our favour, to oblige CIC to resume processing of the litigants' files during any appeal. Thus, if Justice Rennie rules in our favour and requires CIC to resume processing while it appeals his decision, your cases will go forward.

With respect to our own group, DoJ has asked Justice Barnes to cancel Justice Rennie's order allowing our cases to proceed and to hold our cases hostage to the s. 87.4 litigation ultimately disposition. Time will tell whether Justice Barnes will reverse course and finally render a decision consistent with duty under the law. Since July, Justice Barnes has been obdurately refusing to comply with s. 74, which requires him to set down for hearing each of our cases because (a) on 7 December 2011, he issued an order stating that each order and direction would apply to each of the litigant's case, (b) on 25 April 2012 ordered out lead case, Dong Liang, be decided on the merits (c) Justice Rennie failed to act in accordance with the December 7th order when he declined to render the same order for the rest of the litigants as he did for Mr. Liang, ruling that he would not be doing so because the Protocol (Agreement) governed disposition of the other files and (d) on July 10th, DoJ advised the Court that it would not honour the Agreement with respect to any file not assessed by March 29th. At that point, Justice Barnes knew -- assuming a minimum degree of competence -- that he was obliged either to enforce the Protocol or set all the cases down for hearings. On December 14th, he refused to do the former, thereby obliging himself to do the latter, assuming a willingness to comply with the law. However, in view of how he has conducted himself vis-à-vis our group to date, there is no basis to be confident that Justice Barnes will at long last do his duty and behave ethically.

So, our fate effectively turns on the outcome of the January hearing, except that, if Justice Rennie strikes down s. 87.4, CIC would have no basis to argue that it would "contrary to law" for the Minister to keep his word. Moreover, on November 29th, when he issued Operational Bulletin 479-B, the Minister confirmed what I had been saying since June: The Minister has the means for keeping his word to our litigants and to the Federal Court.

Now we wait for the next chapters of our saga. Hopefully with a bit more optimism how that our fate is in hands of a jurist who actually appears desirous of issuing a proper decision (as opposed to doing whatever a DoJ lawyer bids him to do).

Regards,

Tim
]