+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal skilled trade programme

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hi everyone,
All who are under FST programme share their ideas,problems,issues or all other information which can help otjer wjo are for FST...
Thanks

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is definatly not as many of us around here as the other streams so I'll help you out.. You should probably put yours in too!

Fst outside Canada
Aor June 5
Medicals passed June 12

My ecas changed to in process august 15

I had a friend who was also fst who applied the week before me get rejected about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Something about not filling in details correctly.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Iam in doubt ,dont know from where to start...Noc-7321

1) does 67 points apply on FST prgramme?
2)..i dnt have any job offer from canada,so should i create profile or not?
My IELTS score L-7, S-6.5, W-6,R-6.5...

Qualification ITI in Mechanic motor trade of 2 years
Wrk exp-2 years........age -37....
(India)

Lulu84

Aug 20, 2015
Hi, I am hoping I can get some help. Myself and my partner are from Ireland and are in the process of applying for PR through express entry. We have submitted our profile etc.... and we currently have 335 points which is definitely not enough for an ITA at the minute.
My partner is a qualified electrician since 2009 and has worked as an electrician since then. We are living & working in Canada since May 2014, and he completed his Red Seal last September. I was under the impression before starting this process that we would have no issue getting an ITA because of the shortage of trades in Canada but their seems to be a big stumbling block now whereby no organization will recognize trades qualification's from abroad and so we don't get awarded any points for it. Has anybody else had trouble with this or are we missing something very obvious? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Also, just to note we do have enough funds saved to apply under the skilled trade programme.
Thanks

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hi,
As u said your partner is working in Trade occupation since,2014...
Could u elaborate edu. Details and ur IELTS score?
Does ur partner has educatiin related to trade?
And are you applying without job offer or with joboffer?
Thnks

Lulu84

Aug 20, 2015
Wow thank you for the speedy response- My partner is working as an electrician in Ireland since 2009 when he qualified and he is working in Canada since May 2014, he received his Red Seal as a construction Electrician in September 2014.
He does has his electrician qualifications from Ireland, however he did not receive any points for it because there is no organization like WES that evaluates trade qualifications. He scored 8, 9 & 10 in his CELIP English test and is currently applying for PR with no job offer