+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Entrepreneur Applicants

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
I hope you get some good news soon sckel, you have waited long enough. At least you got your foot in the door, considering the news coming out of Ottawa, they are going to eliminate the back log of applications. Not good news for the rest of us applicants.
Regards Lubs64

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Just read the news releases on CIC's website... that's not good news at all for the many people who have suffered so long in this process.

I may be a pessimist, but I personally wont feel confident about my case until we receive the VISAS as CIC continues to show little or no concern for applicants... regardless of how far along we are in the process.

Man I really hope that there is some window for all of us who have been patiently waiting on this...

Lubs64, I cant remember if you were using a consultant... if you were have you been in contact with them and what kind of feedback did you get?

Best of luck to everyone!!

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
sckel said:
Lubs64, I cant remember if you were using a consultant... if you were have you been in contact with them and what kind of feedback did you get?
Hi sckel, No I have not used a consultant, the initial application process was simple enough I did not think a consultant was required. I been looking on other forums for a reaction to this announcement and there is nothing. Not sure what to do.

I am a bit confused though, we are told that there is backlog of hundreds of Entrepreneur applications. But yet I have been on various forums and this is the only forum that I have managed to contact other applicants. Yourself and one other ' fuzz fuzz' so where are these entrepreneur applicants? You would think there would be more of them around the web.

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Up to last year, when the information was still available, in Port of Spain alone there was a backlog of 42 applications in this class (you would think that is not much though right?).

If you check the open data reports about PR applications pending, the skilled worker backlog has gone from a few hundred thousand to just app 60k cases after taking similar action a few years ago.

Now, pending applications in all other categories stand at just over 500k and they are using the same process to "reduce the backlog".

It seems like immigration has become a political football in Canada and the conservatives want to be credited with reducing the backlogs and processing times.

How they are going about achieving that goal leaves much to be desired.

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
its bitter sweet news today as I received my Passport request from CIC a short while ago.

I feel relieved that this process is coming to an end for my family and we can begin to plan for a life in Canada, but cannot help but think of the many friends on this forum who may not be as fortunate based on the recent developments.

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sckel said:
its bitter sweet news today as I received my Passport request from CIC a short while ago.

I feel relieved that this process is coming to an end for my family and we can begin to plan for a life in Canada, but cannot help but think of the many friends on this forum who may not be as fortunate based on the recent developments.
Congratulation.
When you planning to move there?

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Leo12 said:
Congratulation.
When you planning to move there?
Cant say for sure as yet.. I have until Dec 14th to land so if it looks like I wont be able to wrap up my affairs in time I may just run over sometime in August and apply for the PR card and then return to finish winding things up. For the latest I would like to land permanently by March 2015.

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Congratulations sckel, excellent news! I am happy for you and your family. Which Provence are you heading for?

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Lubs64 said:
Congratulations sckel, excellent news! I am happy for you and your family. Which Provence are you heading for?
Thanks Lubs64... We are heading for Ontario..

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Just got back my passports and the COPR documents for my family and I.... going tomorrow morning to try and book a ticket to go up over Easter and complete the landing process and apply for the PR cards.

Thanks to everyone who has helped out with their invaluable advice and guidance over the many years as this process would have been far more difficult without it.

I genuinely hope that there may be some glimse of hope for my many friends who are hanging in the balance waiting for final word based on the recent developments.

Will update about the landing process and any other pertinent information as we go along.

saga13mx

Mar 3, 2014
congratulations sckel me and my family are on a limbo right now hoping that we have enough time to get the approval before they cancel the applications so far they requested my supporting documents. This is my first message on this board and all i can say is that i find a lot of really helpful information.

Thanks all and keep up the good work

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Just to update everyone, we did our landing last Saturday at Pearson International...
I can confirm what has been said by so many, that the process was indeed very easy and took no more than 45 minutes from arriving in Pearson to being out the door.. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant and made you feel welcomed.

On the Monday, we went to a Service Canada center and applied for our SIN numbers... this too was very easy and took about 30 mins (we did not do this in Toronto so maybe wait times may be longer there). They don't give cards with SIN numbers any more so you actually get a printed document with the number right away... This can be used to open you bank accounts and apply for employment as soon as you walk out the door!

The best advice that I can give is to research as much as you can and make sure that you have all of the necessary documents (list of goods accompanying & following etc) prepared, organized and readily available for when you land... that makes the process easy.. the CBSA agent actually thanked us for having everything so well organized... said we made his job easy..

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sckel said:
Just to update everyone, we did our landing last Saturday at Pearson International...
I can confirm what has been said by so many, that the process was indeed very easy and took no more than 45 minutes from arriving in Pearson to being out the door.. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant and made you feel welcomed.

On the Monday, we went to a Service Canada center and applied for our SIN numbers... this too was very easy and took about 30 mins (we did not do this in Toronto so maybe wait times may be longer there). They don't give cards with SIN numbers any more so you actually get a printed document with the number right away... This can be used to open you bank accounts and apply for employment as soon as you walk out the door!

The best advice that I can give is to research as much as you can and make sure that you have all of the necessary documents (list of goods accompanying & following etc) prepared, organized and readily available for when you land... that makes the process easy.. the CBSA agent actually thanked us for having everything so well organized... said we made his job easy..
Congrats!

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sckel said:

Hi sckel,
Congratulation. I had just landed on last Friday.

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
I am going through a few business options with my business broker and was wondering if anyone could help me with a question:

If I purchase a business that has 5 employees, and I maintain those 5 employees after buying the business, am I still required to create an additional job for a Canadian to satisfy my obligation under the Fed Entr category?

CIC's website says "create a full time job equivalent for a Canadian" but I read in one of the operating procedure bulletins where it said "create or maintain at least one full time job equivalent...."

Any advice would be appreciated.