+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application timeline

Plato

Apr 20, 2015
Hi,

I got my CSQ in July, 2016 and applied for PR in early September, 2016. The file is complete, medical passed, etc. What sort of timeline might I expect? I am hopeful of being confirmed PR within the next few weeks, max a couple of months. VO is Ottawa.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Please check spreadsheet in my signature to get sense of VO-Ottawa timelines. While you are there, please do add your details as well.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hello Seniors,

I need your help. I hope somebody can guide me onto right path. Below are my questions. Thanks in advance. :)

I have managed to secure permanent full-time job offer from a Canadian (Quebec) employer and they will be pursuing CAQ and LMIA on my behalf. Rather, I should say it's already in process. I'm not sure if I should pursue EE or Quebec route. However, I do have my EE profile created with the CRS of 427.

I believe I can't apply for PR via express entry if I wish to stay in Quebec and my permanent job offer implies that I'll be indeed staying in Quebec.

Is it even advisable to indicate about this arranged job offer in EE profile? If I don't indicate, I feel it will be a misrepresentation of my application and my PR may get rejected.

Shall I even continue waiting for ITA or withdraw my profile as applying for CAQ means govt. records will indicate that I wish to stay in Quebec.

Also, if somehow I manage to acquire PR via express entry, will it not be a problem after 4 years when I'll apply for citizenship? I'm saying this because IRCC will have it recorded that I applied via express entry, however, I stayed in Quebec for 4 years before I applied for citizenship. I'm really not sure about this or maybe I'm thinking too much.

Also, Is it comparatively easier If I withdraw express entry profile and want to acquire PR via Quebec skilled immigrant program?

I was reading lot of blogs and forums about Quebec Regular skilled workers program that I can apply for Cap exempt on Mon Projet (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/). In order to apply for this, I believe job offer has to be validated. Also, is French capability required? and, what is Cap exempt after all?

How long will it take for me to apply for CSQ and eventually PR after landing in Quebec on Temporary resident visa (or work permit).

I'm not sure whom to ask these questions. I'm asking here seeking reply from someone who has actually gone through this or aware of the process. Thank you so much.

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
Please check spreadsheet in my signature to get sense of VO-Ottawa timelines. While you are there, please do add your details as well.
As per spreadsheet , those who applied by Nov.2016 is there any chance of getting PPR or DM by sept 2017 ?

Some of folks got their PPR within 7 months , for the rest of the people processing times is too slow .

Please comment . Thanks