+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
AOR from Buffalo office takes normally 90 or more days. So at this point no news is good news :)
Also, as you already have got CSQ, there is nothing to worry about. Federal application is just a formality now and its just a matter of few months until you will be in Canada as Immigrant. So chill :)
However, I am just curious to know that whats makes you leave your job in USA and move to Quebec, other than immigration reason?

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Thank you for the post! I hope it's less than 90 days ... Money Order still not cashed! Still waiting ...

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
However, I am just curious to know that whats makes you leave your job in USA and move to Quebec, other than immigration reason?

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
Apparently if Buffalo doesn't cash you check before it expires they send you a letter requesting a new check. Anyway, the wait goes on. By the way, florida, does your money order have an expiration date?

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
some guy told me recently that he got his AOR as well with the medicals 4 months after he applied.

florida

Mar 12, 2010
About my money order - they gave me two different answers: first time I asked they said that it is valid practically for 5 years and if I think it was lost or something I can go to a bank and cancel it and get a new one with the receipt. Second time it was a different person and I was told something else that I honestly don't even remember ...

Please if anyone gets any response back from the consulate - any checks back or anything, let us know, it would make us all sleep better!
I personally am going on 11 weeks waiting (still nothing)

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Florida, dont worry! It will come through with the medicals. But ans , please let us know when your check expires, our check is also valid for 90 days....

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
Finally, my check has been cashed by Buffalo on Aug.25!!! Now, patiently waiting for AOR and medicals.

atlmallu

Apr 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-09-2010
Med's Request
09-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-04-2011
atlmallu said:
Hey all,

Nice to see this thread devoted to CSQ here..After recieving my CSQ, I sent in my application to Buffalo, which was recieved on June 21st. I haven't recieved any acknowledgement from Buffalo yet..do you guys know the current waiting time in Buffalo for QSW applicants? Thanks!
ans said:
It looks like Buffalo is taking around 4 months now to get an AOR. I am waiting as well. There is a thread for CSQ applicants to Buffalo canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/federal-application-for-quebec-workers-from-buffalo-usa-t50097.0.html You are encouraged to post your timeline there. By the way have your check been cashed yet?
Thanks Ans! That was useful information. I checked with the bank about 10 days back, and the check is not yet cashed. I will transfer this discussion to the CSQ Buffalo thread from now!

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Another check was deposited to the account of the Canadian Consulate General! MINE! ;D
I checked with my bank and they told me that it was deposited on August 25th. I actually had sent 2 - the application fee and the permanent residence fee - both at the time of the application. Both were cashed and now I guess I'm waiting for the AOR letter + medicals. Will keep updating!

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
Hi.

I know this is a little bit off-topic but I think this is by far more active than the other Quebec threads.

I am just starting my Quebec application. And they require me to submit certain "certified copies" of my documents. Someone told me that notary public can do that. I went to two notary public here in the US (by the way, I am under H1B visa here in the US) and they told me that they can certify my documents coz they don't know where it came from. And they told me that school transcripts, diplomas are being certified by the respective schools.

Now I don't know what to do. If in the US, where can I have my documents certified?

Thanks a bunch!

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
You can get the copies certified, from the institutions who issued your documents.
Alternatively, you can send your original documents back home, and ask some family member or close friend to get the photocopies of the documents certified from Notary Public there. This option is much cheaper to do attestation in India or Pakistan (may be 200 Rs. max), and if you get same in US, may cost you up to 300 dollars.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
thanks!

How about the copy of my H1B visa and the passport info page?
Can I do it here in the US?

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Yes, the passport page and the visas you can do in US, we did that in one bank and it was for free ;D
Good news guys! Keep us posted, probably next week in the mail you will find the lucky AOR and medicals!

florida

Mar 12, 2010
nmdgreen,
I don't know what two ghetto notaries you went to but here's what you do with the documents: photocopy the documents, transcripts and everything you need; Find the nearest UPS store - there is a notary there. Take all ORIGINALS and the photocopies and tell the notary you need them certified as true copies to original documents. The notary "looks" at the papers, puts a stamp on the copies and handwrites: true copy of original document or true original copy or something like that. They charge like $5 a page, but in most cases if you go with 10 pages or more, they will give you a discount or something - they are very laid back! Don't send anything back to your home country, because then you have to pay both for the notary stamp and the translation of the stamp and text and it takes forever.
By the way, there is a copy machine in every UPS store.
You can do the same exercise in your bank, though they might be a little sensitive about it LOL (because it's free in your bank and it has to be bank related) ...
hope that helps, good luck

Thanks ton4o, I'm checking the post box 3 times a day, by the time it comes the key will be worn out hahahah