Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
I hope to get mine I'm toooooo worried thanks and best wishes

syphix said:
Thanks! Yes last night received the email so it seems that they work on Saturdays too.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Congrats to all who received AOR over weekend. Please do remember to update timeline tracking spreadsheet ( check my signature for link)

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
APPNOV2016 said:
Guys,

Need your help... applied federal through CSQ in November but due to change in rules in November my score went to 495 by which itself i would have got ITA but before the next draw happened got nomination from Ontario and score went further up to 1095 and received ITA in december. I know for express entry processing time is 6 months and i have seen some people getting PR within 6 months of application. This is faster but i want to know if i can apply for federal through express entry(only 25 days left to submit) again as i probably need to sign form for intention to reside in Ontario. Since i currently reside in QC with job, little inclined for it but i am open to both provinces as both have opportunities in my job field. Please suggest your opinion. And if i decline the invitation, will i be back in the pool(pool expiry was dec 2016)?

Got AOR for federal app this month. i am hesitant to submit my app through express entry. But i heard in some cic website that you can submit 2 applications. Whichever gets processed faster they will consider that and will ask us to withdraw the other. See below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/multiple.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-we-havesubmit-two-ee-pr-applications-in-process-t391599.0.html

It says you can submit 2 applications but for different programs like FSW and a PNP or FSW and a CEC but not same category both. I am not sure if QSW(paper based) and OINP(through express entry) are considered different programs.

I guess the knowledge in these forums is more than what a lawyer can suggest. But this is a real tricky question which only CIC can answer :p
With points going down many of QSW applicant will face this issue eventually but i think it should depend on factors -
1.Where are you currently based (i.e if you have applied for QSW and still working in Quebec then don't make sense in any other program as in later stage CIC might ask for intention of moving out of Quebec or why not QSW).
2.At which stage your application is currently in process .
3.Are you ready to gather all docs and pay fees ...

APPNOV2016

Oct 7, 2016
poisonapple said:
With points going down many of QSW applicant will face this issue eventually but i think it should depend on factors -
1.Where are you currently based (i.e if you have applied for QSW and still working in Quebec then don't make sense in any other program as in later stage CIC might ask for intention of moving out of Quebec or why not QSW).
2.At which stage your application is currently in process .
3.Are you ready to gather all docs and pay fees ...

Thanks poison apple for your reply. Please find my comments
1. I am currently residing in quebec with a job on work permit till May 2018. Yeah for the same reason i am hesitant to apply through express entry OINP nomination. But i did spent much for OINP fee and gathering and sending docs and feel sad for not able to use it especially Ontario also has several jobs in my profession :)
2. This week only i received AOR for QSW federal app.
3. Already i paid so much for OINP and turned out to be of no use. Now i am hesitant to pay all the federal fee again and the worst part not knowing what will be the consequence. Also without OINP PNP, if i create again express entry profile, i am getting 495 points. So one more ITA with out OINP but will be again of no use. I guess i need to leave that option as well and just wait and watch outcome of QSW app. Since processing times for QSW are longer, i am only thinking that i am wasting 2 ITAs now without knowing the outcome of QSW.

Said this, i will be happy if QSW goes without any problem as i have a job offer and opportunities may not be as high as in ON but there are some in QC as well.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
APPNOV2016 said:
Thanks poison apple for your reply. Please find my comments
1. I am currently residing in quebec with a job on work permit till May 2018. Yeah for the same reason i am hesitant to apply through express entry OINP nomination. But i did spent much for OINP fee and gathering and sending docs and feel sad for not able to use it especially Ontario also has several jobs in my profession :)
2. This week only i received AOR for QSW federal app.
3. Already i paid so much for OINP and turned out to be of no use. Now i am hesitant to pay all the federal fee again and the worst part not knowing what will be the consequence. Also without OINP PNP, if i create again express entry profile, i am getting 495 points. So one more ITA with out OINP but will be again of no use. I guess i need to leave that option as well and just wait and watch outcome of QSW app. Since processing times for QSW are longer, i am only thinking that i am wasting 2 ITAs now without knowing the outcome of QSW.

Said this, i will be happy if QSW goes without any problem as i have a job offer and opportunities may not be as high as in ON but there are some in QC as well.
Oh ok So you are in same boat as i am in :) (i have had also received Express entry invitation ) But looking at my current Job in QC as well as looking at Federal AOR receipt status i am planning to go ahead with QSW .As of now as per looking at timelines we should expect Medicals in next 2-3 months(we have option to get it done upfront also) and then 3-4 months for pp request (assuming all goes smoothly) ... so should be 5-6 months time horizon ,optimistically, Which will be roughly same time line for PNP or express entry . Also in this case you shouldn't have to bother about any CIC query on Intention of residing in province or even in later stages of PR renewal or citizenship...

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
After AoR , can we send upfront medical ?
Or should I wait till medical request ?

Please advise . Thanks

APPNOV2016

Oct 7, 2016
poisonapple said:
Oh ok So you are in same boat as i am in :) (i have had also received Express entry invitation ) But looking at my current Job in QC as well as looking at Federal AOR receipt status i am planning to go ahead with QSW .As of now as per looking at timelines we should expect Medicals in next 2-3 months(we have option to get it done upfront also) and then 3-4 months for pp request (assuming all goes smoothly) ... so should be 5-6 months time horizon ,optimistically, Which will be roughly same time line for PNP or express entry . Also in this case you shouldn't have to bother about any CIC query on Intention of residing in province or even in later stages of PR renewal or citizenship...
Yes Poisonapple, I too agree that at this stage EE or QSW timeline wise almost same. But as you said, no need of proofs or explanation of intentions to reside or experience letters in the format they ask, or spending additional money and also not causing any confusion to CIC with different applications (sometimes you never know multiple applications might confuse and outcome may not be good though our intentions are good which is to get a better opportunity). I also came to know a couple of guys who were denied PR as they applied PR from one province but extended their work permit from another. So its better to wait and watch with what we have now...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
tanvirmustan said:
After AoR , can we send upfront medical ?
Or should I wait till medical request ?

Please advise . Thanks
Yes. You can send upfront medicals but where are you going to send physical copy of the results? Normally , medical results are send to visa offices processing application but even after 24 days from receiving AOR I am yet to get any notification that my file has been transferred from Sydney to my visa office ( Ottawa in my case). Also it will expedite ( if at all) your application by couple of weeks only.

Let's wait for comments from poisonapple and genocian13. poisonapple and I did discuss upfront medicals last year and decided not to go ahead with it. genocian13 submitted his application with upfront medicals

vinyl

Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
Med's Done....
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
sooooon.....
Hello everyone!
I sent my file for federal application and received last October 31, 2016.
No AOR received until now. :'(
I saw a lot of November Applicants receiving their AOR this week.
Who else are in October?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
APPNOV2014NY said:
Yes. You can send upfront medicals but where are you going to send physical copy of the results? Normally , medical results are send to visa offices processing application but even after 24 days from receiving AOR I am yet to get any notification that my file has been transferred from Sydney to my visa office ( Ottawa in my case). Also it will expedite ( if at all) your application by couple of weeks only.

Let's wait for comments from poisonapple and genocian13. poisonapple and I did discuss upfront medicals last year and decided not to go ahead with it. genocian13 submitted his application with upfront medicals
Not sure about physical Medical copy ,but certain CIC authorized medical centers have e-medical (or something like that don't remember exact name) where centers electronically sends your reports .. i will try to find out with folks from my company who are done with medicals and update thread ..
@APPNOV2014NY buddy i think you should get Medical request in next couple of weeks , i saw some time lines where people have had to wait for 2-3 months for medicals .But since we are in first quarter of year i assume this will be little faster for all of us ...

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
APPNOV2016 said:
Yes Poisonapple, I too agree that at this stage EE or QSW timeline wise almost same. But as you said, no need of proofs or explanation of intentions to reside or experience letters in the format they ask, or spending additional money and also not causing any confusion to CIC with different applications (sometimes you never know multiple applications might confuse and outcome may not be good though our intentions are good which is to get a better opportunity). I also came to know a couple of guys who were denied PR as they applied PR from one province but extended their work permit from another. So its better to wait and watch with what we have now...
True my rationale was same "to avoid confusion to chaos :)" , regarding province thing i knew few folks who applied from quebec in EE and their apps directly got denied ,cic didn't even asked intention so its better to go by conventional route it might take little extra time but you will be certain about outcome...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
poisonapple said:
Not sure about physical Medical copy ,but certain CIC authorized medical centers have e-medical (or something like that don't remember exact name) where centers electronically sends your reports .. i will try to find out with folks from my company who are done with medicals and update thread ..
Upfront medicals cannot be processed through e-medical and a physical copy needs to be mailed to Visa office.