+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

SVJ2024

Mar 13, 2024
I noticed on online tracker account that updated on 17th April 2024. Is this GU1, submitted application on Feb 27, AOR - 7 march. no test invite yet.
Same timeline submitted application on Feb 27, AOR - 6 march. GU1 on April 17, 2024. Does you tracker show any update? mine doesnt.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
After a long time away, today I received the answer to one of my webform, pretty much standard response saying that all documents were received blah blah blah.. since they enter that inquiry into my profile, hopefully something will change or not... I have not received test invite yet nor atip notes.. but yesterday I sent out another webform.. lol

Last edited:

Ivani_rocks

Feb 5, 2024
How do I know which one is my application processing office ?
My Test invite doesn't have an address.
My AOR does have Sydney address:

Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
canada.ca/immigration

CIT 0425 (10-2020) E GCMS
Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Got a GU yesterday. Now the profile says last updated - 17th April. AoR - Feb 26. Surprisingly, the last updated date is only for me and my wife's profile but not for my kids' profile. Is this normal?

PR->Citizen->OCI

Jan 2, 2024
@Ivani_rocks What is the email address from which you received the test invite? can you post it here, I can tell you the processing office based on that

Citizenship Official
canada.ca/immigration

P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2

PR->Citizen->OCI

Jan 2, 2024
@ertarun It is expected as it might be related to your BG or test and Kids will not have these steps. I don't think you have anything to worry as you will soon update the tracker.

Got a GU yesterday. Now the profile says last updated - 17th April. AoR - Feb 26. Surprisingly, the last updated date is only for me and my wife's profile but not for my kids' profile. Is this normal?

Reactions: ertarun

SVJ2024

Mar 13, 2024
Looks like quite a few of us got the GU on April 17, but no actual update on the tracker.

Ali.arshady

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023

Citizenship Official
canada.ca/immigration

P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2
Refer to the address provided at the bottom of your test invitation letter to locate your primary office. Generally, Vancouver office handles (FPs), while Sydney office handles (AORs)

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
I could be totally wrong here, but because this is election year and Ontario has more electoral ridings than any other province, I think that is why they are expediting processing application from that area.. I would also think they are assigning other offices in Canada to assist with those applications.. people from March are already getting test and bcg complete, that's really impressive and unimpressed having something to prevent sending a simple test link... Today marks 3 weeks that I got background complete and radio silence...
Hmmmm, that's an interesting point but I'm not so sure that's the case. I think they just have a really haphazard sysyem of processing. I would think both MIS and SCR are bigger processing offices with more staff since most people live in or around the GTA or in Ontario in general but who knows. If it makes you feel better, it took a month between my background and my test invite. Its frustrating though when you see people way after you get through...

Reactions: Alalac

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hmmmm, that's an interesting point but I'm not so sure that's the case. I think they just have a really haphazard sysyem of processing. I would think both MIS and SCR are bigger processing offices with more staff since most people live in or around the GTA or in Ontario in general but who knows. If it makes you feel better, it took a month between my background and my test invite. Its frustrating though when you see people way after you get through...
Thank you for your kind words and that makes me feel better yes although it is really frustating and annoying.. just trying to understand what would be preventing them to send the test when background is complete and I don't have lots of trips outside of canada. next week I could be receiving test invite or ATIP notes and then I will come back to update my case.. lol

Reactions: JamCan56

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Thank you for your kind words and that makes me feel better yes although it is really frustating and annoying.. just trying to understand what would be preventing them to send the test when background is complete and I don't have lots of trips outside of canada. next week I could be receiving test invite or ATIP notes and then I will come back to update my case.. lol
Lol, fair enough! And of course, glad I could help in whatever small way I can. Keep us posted! I'm sure for alot of people (including myself), having this thread to express our annoyances and dissatisfaction is comforting

• Love
Reactions: Alalac