+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

kennyrogers

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
That is not a mandatory request, I mean not everyone will get that request - it is randomly selected. However it can be requested anytime during the processing of the application, it doesn't matter if online or paper.
oooh I did not knew about this that this is a random one. any updates from your side after the ghost update yesterday?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
oooh I did not knew about this that this is a random one. any updates from your side after the ghost update yesterday?
No, nothing yet! I checked the tracker at least 3 times this morning... lol hopefully will get something tomorrow - how about you?

VB14

May 10, 2021
Citizenship Application Status:
ID:
@VB14
App Type: Online
Applicant: Family 3
Physical Presence: 1110 days
App Sent: Feb 21st, 2024
App Delivered: Feb 21st, 2024
AOR Date:Feb.29th
Tracking Link Date: 2nd Mar
Test Invite Date:
Test Interview Date:
Test Completed Date:
Finger Print Request:
Finger Print Received Date:
Background Complete Date:
Language Complete Date:
Prohibitions Complete Date:
Physical Presence Complete Date:
Decision Made Date:
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Date:
1 GU

dopelemon

Jul 29, 2020
I received the test invite yesterday but still didn't receive any official email. I called IRCC and they said sometimes the office doesn't send out the invite and the call agent has the authority to send the test link. After our call, he send me a Generic page link to the page "Take the online citizenship test" which is on canada.ca website. It has 3 information category -
  • Prepare for the online test
  • What you need for the test
  • Start the online test

Is this normal? Is this the same information others have received who got email communication from the processing office? Thank you

Reactions: PR->Citizen->OCI

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I received the test invite yesterday but still didn't receive any official email. I called IRCC and they said sometimes the office doesn't send out the invite and the call agent has the authority to send the test link. After our call, he send me a Generic page link to the page "Take the online citizenship test" which is on canada.ca website. It has 3 information category -
  • Start the online test

Is this normal? Is this the same information others have received who got email communication from the processing office? Thank you
Whats your time window to complete the test? Is that shown on your tracker?

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Just to quickly add that from other forums I've seen, people with more generic names may get fingerprint requests if IRCC can't quickly verify their criminality (e.g. if there are multiple people with similar names in their databases). People either get fingerprint requests or they get the background check completed.

Reactions: kennyrogers

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
April 02 - May 02
So you will get the email 48~24 hours before the time window, maybe on Sunday or Monday the latest - whilenyou wait, take the time to review contents, read the book, do practice questions etc and you will do good!!

dopelemon

Jul 29, 2020
Thank you for the affirmation. It's very reassuring, appreciate it. Hopefully all goes well :)

So you will get the email 48~24 hours before the time window, maybe on Sunday or Monday the latest - whilenyou wait, take the time to review contents, read the book, do practice questions etc and you will do good!!

PR->Citizen->OCI

Jan 2, 2024
@dopelemon This is totally fine, i know many people, who did not receive email and yet completed the test. If you see your tracker, there will be a 'support form' link where yu can submit a ticket saying you haven't received the test email, however you can just click on the 'Take the test' link on tracker or click on the link that IRCC officer provided (both are same links) and you can give your test after your window starts.
  • Start the online test

Reactions: dopelemon

zlzl2021

Mar 28, 2021
Hello, anyone know how long it would take to receive the official scores after your test?
I completed the test in the morning of 25th, yet I have nothing new in the tracker, and it still says waiting on you.