+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>> February 2024 AOR <<<<<<<<

ik234yes

Dec 28, 2023
RPRF is a mandatory fee which can be paid at a later time than your application fee, but it does not mean your application has been approved. They can refund you this amount when they reject your application (Reference: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1396)

Can you provide any link to these "online" sources saying "because you got a request to pay RPRF, your PR is approved"?. I seriously doubt that is the case.

This request for RPRF is same as request for Biometric fees. Until you receive your COPR, your application has not been approved. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html)

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/ for a better understanding
thank you
it's nothing official on ircc sites just asked around in Reddit and discord groups
what should i be waiting for after i send the rprf and updated proof of funds if you have any idea of what usually comes next?

Reactions: r_a

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Med's Done....
13-04-2024
thank you
it's nothing official on ircc sites just asked around in Reddit and discord groups
what should i be waiting for after i send the rprf and updated proof of funds if you have any idea of what usually comes next?
You can check some members signatures (who completed PR process) for an idea. But a successful Eligibility and Background check is followed by Security, Information Sharing and Additional Document Requests (if applicable). Some members here got direct Portal emails after Background Check is successful. It varies.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
submitted on 07/02/2024
aor next day
biometric+ medical exam on 14/03/2024
processed by ircc on 20/03/2024
rprf payment request and updated proof of funds request 26/04/2024
eligibility and background check in progress according to tracker
and it also says my file was received by them on April 19th
online it says rprf means you got approved but o guess it's not true
does this mean they just started ?
and is what's the difference between eligibility and background check?
can they request more files after this?
RPRF doesn't correlate with application approval.

Paying RPRF upfront speeds up application processing timeline.

rgoud

Jan 2, 2024
I can understand that this is frustrating, at this point of time I would recommend you to wait till the end of next week and then take any action because calling IRCC won’t change anything. Agent will say it is under normal processing time. However, if you want to call then there is no harm too.
Yeah they are saying under normal processing time. For any update need to wait 5 months. What other action can we take?

JollyRancher

Apr 29, 2024
You can check some members signatures (who completed PR process) for an idea. But a successful Eligibility and Background check is followed by Security, Information Sharing and Additional Document Requests (if applicable). Some members here got direct Portal emails after Background Check is successful. It varies.
I believe after BIL it could take anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks to get everything completed on the tracker or to receive P1. Correct me if I’m wrong though!

alendya

Mar 20, 2024
Hi everyone! I'm happy to see people here getting their eCOPR!
I received an update, requested ADR. That asked for an updated proof of funds. I couldn't keep the full amount (for 5 people!) for all this time. I can bring from home now to complete the amount again, and my wife has future earnings here in Canada (EI from government and her job will continue after that). I also was working full time until earlier this week, and my manager is happy to give a better that I can return to the company full time when the PR arrives.

My questions are:
1) any tips on how to answer the proof of funds update? (I plan to make a while new document repeating bank letters etc)
2) should I include an explanation letter mentioning my job offer (which is not a proper LMIA offer, but is an employer saying they are happy to have me back full-time)

Your opinions are appreciated!

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
@rogerdude1 any update on your application ?
I’m also feb 1 Aor, FSW and all parameters completed in Ottawa CPC.
No FD or COPR yet
Oh is it showing Background completed in tracker for you? PVO Sydney and SVO ottawa?

Mine is still stuck in Background rest 3 completed.. on tracker it still says We're checking your background to make sure you are admissible to Canada.
I think its this sydney-ottawa combo.. the slowest.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hello,
Just to let you know guys, I received my eCoPR today. I was PNP inland and everything went smoothly for me, wish all of you will receive good news soon.

Good luck..
Congrats. From AOR to biometric passed.. we have the EXACT SAME timeline.. I think I got unlucky to have it assigned to sydney-ottawa (PVO-SVO) combo. Do you know your primary and secondary visa office?

Reactions: shinoyvj

smoha5

May 1, 2024
Check ur gckey account for BIL in the messages. Once you receive it you have to complete it within 30 days.
Unfortunately my GC key access is with my agent, let's say my good-for-nothing agent. IRCC sent me BIL request on 09-MAR-2024, and by agent just notified me yesterday (though I followed up numerous times).
Thanks to this group, I did a walk-in to Hamilton Service Canada (Upper James St) today and completed my BIL, and it's now reflected in GC Key. Now, I am waiting for Back ground checking to be complete

smoha5

May 1, 2024
I am a work permit holder and I gave my biometric during my WP application which is valid till 2032.
Still you have to give your Biometrics again if you are applying for PR. You can check from here: https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

(Also how is your work permit valid for 10 years? Did you mean your Biometric is valid for 10 years?)
Thanks, for the information. I completed my biometrics today. Yes, it was a typo, I meant biometrics validity for 10 years.

Reactions: r_a