Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Joining as well! Sent the application off February 1st, should be arriving today. Best luck to all!

KhalRef

Mar 31, 2015
Guys, yesterday I full-filled my 1095 days physical presence, but didn’t applied yet for 2021 tax return, only applied for 2019 and 2020, can I still apply for citizenship or wait till I file my tax return end of February?

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Guys, yesterday I full-filled my 1095 days physical presence, but didn’t applied yet for 2021 tax return, only applied for 2019 and 2020, can I still apply for citizenship or wait till I file my tax return end of February?
You can apply now as 2021 tax filing isnt due until April 2022. Good luck!

Reactions: twztedelegance

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Application submitted, good luck to everyone!

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,095
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Feb 1, 2022
Application delivered: Feb 1, 2022
AOR: Awaiting

Reactions: sureshcoim

Carlinius

Mar 2, 2018
I've submitted my application as well. Here are the details:

Physical Presence Days: 1,095
Application sent: Feb 2, 2022
Application delivered: Feb 2, 2022

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi everyone,
Hope you all are doing great!
I have already drafed my online application and will be submitting it today or tomorrow.
I have a question (I apologize in advance if they seems silly)if you guys can share your advice/input please.

Before coming to Canada as a PR in 2018, I travelled to 3 different countries on paid and arranged vacation from my employer. I don’t even know if it was on ‘visitor visa’ or ‘Tourist visa’. I have stamps on my passport and for all of these 3 visas, it says different thing.
For Malaysia, it says - Multiple entry visa, valid for 90 days.

For Indonesia, it says - Tourism purpose only. Valid for 30 days.

For UAE - it doesn’t say what kind of visa it is. It says - 96 hours. In notes section, it says -
validity of permit - 60 days from date of issue, Duration of stay - 96 hours from the date of entry.

What should I select in ‘status’ for these visas under ‘immigration and citizenship’ section in online application?
Thanks in advance!

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have already drafed my online application and will be submitting it today or tomorrow.
I have a question (I apologize in advance if they seems silly)if you guys can share your advice/input please.

Before coming to Canada as a PR in 2018, I travelled to 3 different countries on paid and arranged vacation from my employer. I don’t even know if it was on ‘visitor visa’ or ‘Tourist visa’. I have stamps on my passport and for all of these 3 visas, it says different thing.

For UAE - it doesn’t say what kind of visa it is. It says - 96 hours. In notes section, it says -
validity of permit - 60 days from date of issue, Duration of stay - 96 hours from the date of entry.

What should I select in ‘status’ for these visas under ‘immigration and citizenship’ section in online application?
Thanks in advance!
usually it's written on the visa what type it is but from a quick google search I found these

1 ) Malaysia - Multiple entry visa, valid for 90 days is for business purposes
https://www.imi.gov.my/portal2017/index.php/en/visa/types-of-visa.html

2) Indonesia - Tourism purpose only. Valid for 30 days. ( duh, it says tourism )
https://visaguide.world/asia/indonesia-visa/

3) UAE - 96 hours - by the looks of it, it is a transit visa
https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/visiting-and-exploring-the-uae/transit-visa

Not sure if this is helpful but can only advise better if I see the stamped visa

Gurdilman

Feb 3, 2022
Hello, I am going to apply as family of 3 at the end of February. I have a question. I was filling form for my daughter for column 11. She is 21. I have to fill all her education and employment detail. As a student, she has done a lot of part time jobs. So I need 16 columns but after 15 column, I wasn’t able to add more column. Do anyone know about it.

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
usually it's written on the visa what type it is but from a quick google search I found these

1 ) Malaysia - Multiple entry visa, valid for 90 days is for business purposes
https://www.imi.gov.my/portal2017/index.php/en/visa/types-of-visa.html

2) Indonesia - Tourism purpose only. Valid for 30 days. ( duh, it says tourism )
https://visaguide.world/asia/indonesia-visa/

3) UAE - 96 hours - by the looks of it, it is a transit visa
https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/visiting-and-exploring-the-uae/transit-visa

Not sure if this is helpful but can only advise better if I see the stamped visa
hey thanks a lot. It really helped.

I have couple more questions if you don’t mind please.
I was in home country on a ‘leave of absence’ (family caregiver leave) for about 3 months in 2021 to take care of my family members and was getting employment insurance (EI)
while on leave. I also got married during this time at my home country.

Under last 5 years employment history section in the citizenship application, should I report this as ‘unemployed’ or just mention that I was outside of country on leave to take care of family member and for my marriage? How should I word it?

Also should I mention anywhere on the application about EI?

Thanks a lot

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
hey thanks a lot. It really helped.

I have couple more questions if you don’t mind please.
I was in home country on a ‘leave of absence’ (family caregiver leave) for about 3 months in 2021 to take care of my family members and was getting employment insurance (EI)
while on leave. I also got married during this time at my home country.

Under last 5 years employment history section in the citizenship application, should I report this as ‘unemployed’ or just mention that I was outside of country on leave to take care of family member and for my marriage? How should I word it?

Also should I mention anywhere on the application about EI?

Thanks a lot
I am not an expert on this, I can only advise what I think is correct but plz ask on this forum from others as well.

AFAIK , you would write unemployed in the working section , in physical presence calculator where they ask to write absences from canada write the to & from dates when you went home & in the next section where you went write the country & explanation both ( eg Went to India , to take care of a family member & got married as well).
For EI thing, I guess they would know when you provide your SIN & do background check.

++ search this thread if it helps
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2022-citizenship-applications.757112/#post-9942002

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Submitted mine as well. Here are the dates

Physical Presence Days: 1,101
Application sent: Feb 4, 2022
Application delivered: Feb 4, 2022

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
I believe we do not need to mention this as all of these are non-immigrant work / visit visa? I only entered my citizenship in India. I worked in the US on a work visa, but I am not an immigrant or citizen of the US... I might be wrong, but I did not enter the US details..

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Finally submitted my application today-
Here are the details -

Physical Presence Days: 1,130
Application sent: Feb 5, 2022
Application delivered: Feb 5, 2022