+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi guys
I have a question that i received the test invite but BG and other still in progress does this mean the BG is already completed but not updated and one more thing I had 2 ghost updates 26 and 28 October and when I checked my tracker today and I saw the test invite and in the bottom section it says citizenship test updated to in progress so does this mean it will change in coming days or it’s not done and they didn’t send me FP request so please clarify if someone can or in the same boat

best of luck and congratulations to all

ktm44

Jan 10, 2020
Anyone else have a Vancouver processing Centre for your test? I see most people in here are Scarborough
[/QUOTE

Got an email for my spouse to give test from vancouver. Test completed on Oct 30 and awaiting test completed update on tracker.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys
I have a question that i received the test invite but BG and other still in progress does this mean the BG is already completed but not updated and one more thing I had 2 ghost updates 26 and 28 October and when I checked my tracker today and I saw the test invite and in the bottom section it says citizenship test updated to in progress so does this mean it will change in coming days or it’s not done and they didn’t send me FP request so please clarify if someone can or in the same boat

best of luck and congratulations to all
These days ppl are getting Test invite before BG is getting completed. If your BG is showing inprogress, it's not completed. Ghost update could be because of Test Invite that you received.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I got an update on my application:

FP Request: Oct 31, 2022
Citizenship Test: Oct 31, 2022
Test window: November 7th to November 28th, 2022

I haven't got an email about the FP Request. Does anyone know if it comes by email? I'm an online applicant
Yes the details of FP should come by email.

Truth&Love

Nov 2, 2022
Hi all, just joined this thread. Where can I view the tracker for this group - Feb 2022 applications? Here are my details -
I submitted Feb 10
Got AOR March 18
Background completed Oct 3
What is the next step and how long does it usually take? Any one with a similar timeline or is mine really weird? Also, how do I verify or contact the processing centre for my application? Thanks for your response.

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Hi all, just joined this thread. Where can I view the tracker for this group - Feb 2022 applications? Here are my details -
I submitted Feb 10
Got AOR March 18
Background completed Oct 3
What is the next step and how long does it usually take? Any one with a similar timeline or is mine really weird? Also, how do I verify or contact the processing centre for my application? Thanks for your response.
Here you go
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit#gid=1181391563

Reactions: Truth&Love

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1393
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Feb 8, 2022
Application delivered: Feb 8, 2022
AOR: Mar 18, 2022
Ghost Update: Oct 4, 2022
Background check complete: Oct 5, 2022
Test in progress: Nov 3, 2022 (Test Dates: Nov 7-27, 2022)

Reactions: sureshcoim

thais.fs33

May 28, 2019
Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1250
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Feb 8, 2022
Application delivered: Feb 8, 2022
AOR: Mar 24, 2022
Ghost Update: Oct 7, 11 and 12
Test invite: oct 19 (Oct 21-Nov 11)
fingerprint request: oct 24

I completed the fingerprint request on the 26 and the test yesterday.
How long does it take to reflect on the portal?
and for the oath invite?

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
Does anyone know how I can contact CIC to inform them of me being out of the country for more than 2 weeks?

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
I got an update on my application:

FP Request: Oct 31, 2022
Citizenship Test: Oct 31, 2022
Test window: November 7th to November 28th, 2022

I haven't got an email about the FP Request. Does anyone know if it comes by email? I'm an online applicant
Do you remember getting any Ghost Updates (GUs)? If you did how long did it take you to get your tracker updated to FP Request and Citizenship Test after the GUs?

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Do you remember getting any Ghost Updates (GUs)? If you did how long did it take you to get your tracker updated to FP Request and Citizenship Test after the GUs?
Congratulations on reaching the test stage. I am assuming that your BG is still in process, FP requests are not sent to every citizenship application, they are sent out to applicants that have names and ages similar to some criminal records, in that case, the FP is used to rule out that match or similarity. Some other times the FP is sent as a random check.

focus on preparing for the exam, and good luck.

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Does anyone know how I can contact CIC to inform them of me being out of the country for more than 2 weeks?
Why do u need to inform IRCC about this? Not recommended until & unless u want to slow ur process..

U just need to be physically present in Canada during Oath Ceremony..