+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Hello there,

could you please add me to June applicants?
Why are you posting this in the February discussion thread? I think they have a June 2022 thread.

I think it makes more sense that this thread only involves those who applied in February 2022.

ankursc

Jan 19, 2019
Hi, I completed my test last week. Can I travel outside Canada on my existing passport till I complete my citizenship oath ceremony or even after that? And if my travel plan clashes can I request change to oath ceremony date? Thank!

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
It seems online applications submitted by Feb 2022 aren't moving forward with their process. Any input on what IRCC's plans are for those online applications?

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
It seems online applications submitted by Feb 2022 aren't moving forward with their process. Any input on what IRCC's plans are for those online applications?
Just stuck in limbo....

And they will continue to process the paper applications, stupid process.

Reactions: sahibo

jackphoneix

Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys, need some guidance here.
Right now, I am not entirely sure what the status of my application really is, and if I've even actually received an AOR. Details below. Please share your thoughts.

Application type - Online
Application submitted - February 27, 2022
Payment/Submission confirmation - February 27, 2022
Link to download the copy of application email - February 27, 2022

Then on April 4, I receive an email from address --> Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca
along with a "Correspondence Id" in the subject
and an attached PDF. The first paragraph in the PDF is as below:
"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required."

Question - Is this AOR?

When I log in to the status tracker here --> https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login to check the status of my application:
The status shows as: In progress
Updated: April 5, 2022
Language skills: In progress | Background verification: In progress | Physical presence: In progress | Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship test: Not started | Citizenship ceremony: Not started
Application history: Apr 4, 2022
Application filed - We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Now, when I log in to online citizenship application portal here --> https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in
At the very top, I see a message:
"Application submitted!
This is not your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)"
"Status of your application: Submitted for our review"

When I try to check/file ECAS here --> https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
I get the "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." page.

I have not received any messages/email regarding anything since that April 4 email that I (mistakenly?) understood to be my AOR. I am at a loss regarding the status right now. Do I even have an AOR yet? If not what should I do?

Thank you for reading and for any suggestions you're able to share!

Reactions: DMyrie

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Hi guys, need some guidance here.
Right now, I am not entirely sure what the status of my application really is, and if I've even actually received an AOR. Details below. Please share your thoughts.

Application type - Online
Application submitted - February 27, 2022
Payment/Submission confirmation - February 27, 2022
Link to download the copy of application email - February 27, 2022

Then on April 4, I receive an email from address --> Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca
along with a "Correspondence Id" in the subject
"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required."

Question - Is this AOR?

When I log in to the status tracker here --> https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login to check the status of my application:
The status shows as: In progress
Updated: April 5, 2022
Language skills: In progress | Background verification: In progress | Physical presence: In progress | Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship test: Not started | Citizenship ceremony: Not started
Application history: Apr 4, 2022
Application filed - We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Now, when I log in to online citizenship application portal here --> https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in
At the very top, I see a message:
"Application submitted!
This is not your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)"
"Status of your application: Submitted for our review"

When I try to check/file ECAS here --> https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
I get the "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." page.

I have not received any messages/email regarding anything since that April 4 email that I (mistakenly?) understood to be my AOR. I am at a loss regarding the status right now. Do I even have an AOR yet? If not what should I do?

Thank you for reading and for any suggestions you're able to share!
You have received your AOR. Your application is being processed.

wink

May 25, 2021

Question - Is this AOR?
Yes, this is your AOR. In the attached PDF, there should be a "Application" number and make a note of it. You would need that if you need to contact IRCC later for any reason.

This link works only for paper applications.

Reactions: jackphoneix

Davmeister13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015 / SA: 22-02-2015 / In Process: 16-09-2015
File Transfer...
22-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14/11/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
Done with Ceremony (24 August).
Are we getting response email after sending signed canada citizenship oath form ??

please help if someone know next expected step(s).

email sent on : IRCC.DNCitNGFScheduling01-ConvocationNGFCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Congrats! Did you receive your Oath Letter / Ceremony Invite via email or physical mail. I had DM on Aug 3rd & the tracker says ceremony on Sept 8th, but i've had no instructions on where I'm going or what time.