+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I wonder what will happen if I reapply through paper. Should I cancel the application I already made online? (will they somehow cancel the new paper application if I send it?). Will they just reject it since I already made an online application?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
I wonder what will happen if I reapply through paper. Should I cancel the application I already made online? (will they somehow cancel the new paper application if I send it?). Will they just reject it since I already made an online application?
just be patient.. i will only suggest you doing anything if you are drastically in a hurry. plus you can expedite your application i believe if you have legitimate concerns.

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
just be patient.. i will only suggest you doing anything if you are drastically in a hurry. plus you can expedite your application i believe if you have legitimate concerns.
Thank you for your suggestion. I am just kinda concerned about the long time, nothing else. I will try to be patient, thanks again

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
I really don't understand the logic why paper applications are getting processed quicker or in priority than Online applications. To me, it just doesn't make any sense at all. When you submit online, everything is digitally within their system and no scanning or uploading it from their end is required. We are making the application process extremely easy for them but with paper, they most likely receive 100-page documents in the mail which need to be scanned, checked, and uploaded manually. My only guess is that they have a team of 10 people, 8 of them process paper applications, and 2 of them process Online.

also, it now states 27 Months for the processing times for a new application. They have really got to get things together over there...Are they down to such little staff to process applications?

Last edited:

Starbuck1210

Star Member
Mar 14, 2022
Calgary
I really don't understand the logic why paper applications are getting processed quicker or in priority than Online applications. To me, it just doesn't make any sense at all. When you submit online, everything is digitally within their system and no scanning or uploading it from their end is required. We are making the application process extremely easy for them but with paper, they most likely receive 100-page documents in the mail which need to be scanned, checked, and uploaded manually. My only guess is that they have a team of 10 people, 8 of them process paper applications, and 2 of them process Online.
I agree with this completely. The reason I submitted online was purely because of this. I'm single have no kids or any weird situations. I haven't left canada since I got here and have paid taxes every year as I'm full time working. Now I feel like I'm being pushed aside because I don't have kids or didn't apply for some special situation. Its incredibly frustrating.

alphan

Feb 23, 2022
I come from the technology industry and I believe this has more to do with process integration and change management. I believe the old case management system is integrated with external systems like background check, physical presence, testing etc. Also the staff is trained on the old system and is more used to that workflow. At some point the new case management system will achieve feature parity, but right now ECAS (old system) is the way to go

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Totally agreed. I'm super frustrated now because of this. I would definitely have applied in paper if they made an announcement about online applications are processed much slower etc.

Last edited:

Rollon

May 10, 2022
I've submitted my application too. Here are the details:

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,129
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Feb 11, 2022
Application delivered: Feb 11, 2022
AOR: March 21, 2022

Reactions: sureshcoim

globalchoice